• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New guy needs help...

Sandman

OCC 194, NFO
Hello everyone, I've just graduated and am trying to become a pilot in the USMC. My recruiter suggested I come on here to try to get ahold of an ASTB study guide. I have the book by ARCO, but the more study material the better, right?

Please post or email the URL of the guide, or if it is saved on your PC please email it over to me - wcfoutsiders@aol.com

Also, if there is anything else I should know about the ASTB (I really don't know much), then any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you all,
- Sam

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Sandman said:
Hello everyone, I've just graduated and am trying to become a pilot in the USMC. My recruiter suggested I come on here to try to get ahold of an ASTB study guide. I have the book by ARCO, but the more study material the better, right?

Please post or email the URL of the guide, or if it is saved on your PC please email it over to me - wcfoutsiders@aol.com

Also, if there is anything else I should know about the ASTB (I really don't know much), then any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you all,
- Sam

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge on here. Search ASTB study guide and you will find everything you need. If you read the ASTB section you will find many specific questions regarding the ASTB, even one you might have. If you study the ARCO book and the info on here, you should do just fine on the test.

Tibmag

All I did was study the link you posted above, and this site: http://www.columbia.edu/~mmx1/astb/

spent about 20 mins a night studying, everynight for a week, took it and got a 6/7/6 55, although to be honest, I am not sure if those scores are competitive enough for STA-21

Spence

ASTB scores expire?

If I take the ASTB within, say this month, and the scores are very good, will they stand forever? Or will they expire after a certain amount of time, requiring me to re-take it?
Thanks

OneOddGuy

Mrs. Crossdressing USA 2003 and 2005
Here is a post listing how the test was for me (ver 3) and a list lower down of all the links I used to study.

Hope it helps some.

rle4lunch

What is STA-21 ?

Seaman to Admiral. Like pdx said, don't worry about this program. Just make sure you do good on your PFAR/FOFAR/ANT when you take your ASTB. I was also told that in order to be competitive for 2006 boards, you'll want to have a GPA of 3.5 or over. To be competitive you'll want to score over 50 on your OAR and 6's or 7's on the 3 sections I mentioned above.

Sandman

OCC 194, NFO
Well, I definitely don't have a 3.5 :(

I got a 90 (of 99) on my ASVAB tho, is that decent enough to help overlook not having a 3.5 ??

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Guys, he said he's joining the Marines. Different criteria. As of the Spring, the Marine Corps still looked at the ASTB pretty much as a pass/fail thing. Get over a 5/6/6, don't worry about the OAR score, and run like a gazelle. PFT and the rest of your package matter way more than just how much you passed the ASTB by.

Though aviation packages seems to be more competitive than it was a year ago, the differentiating criteria remain your PFT, recs, and to some lesser extent, your GPA.