• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New guy needs help...

Sandman

OCC 194, NFO
Ok, phew... I heard that the AF and Navy had very high GPA standards right now, but I've NEVER heard that about the Marines.

I was told by my recruiter that the boards are looking for around a 250 - 260 PFT score, is that right?

Also, how does the ASTB scoring break down? I'm going to take a couple of the practice tests soon so I want to make sure I know how to grade it properly.

Thank you to everybody who have ACTUALLY read my posts and have helped me out :icon_tong :D

Shadow9660

Sandman, as far as USMC PFT scores, 260 is good, but I'd shoot for 270 and above. The baseline for ASTB scores fluctuates, but having a solid high PFT is always good, and in some cases, a tie breaker. I actually had a 270 PFT and my OSO told me to wait until the next class to boost it and be competitive, so I pre shipped a few months later with a 289. Then at OCS I was disappointed to see how many candidates failed/ had major problems during the initial PFT. Bottom line is your scores look good...just make sure your on point with getting conditioned- Chris

Shadow9660

(edit) your ASVAB scores look good, sorry... ASTB for the Marines, basically a 5/ 5/ 5 would do it...but that was a year and some change ago. The first score is your AQR (kind of like math/verbal score), second is Pilot rating, and third number is NFO rating- sorry if I jacked that up, but its been awhile.