• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New guy here, FLARNG out of Cecil Field

hobbstc

None
Hey guys, not sure the proper place to introduce myself here. I'm over at the NG BN stationed at Cecil Field. I've been the Asst S2 for the past 2 years, but now I am up at Ft Rucker for IERW. Just got home from SERE today (thank God), and find out tomorrow when I start primary. I'll be going through the -60M course and then when I get back home, they will send me to the -72 Lakota transition course. Good to meet all of you.

Thomas Hobbs

Lawman

None
You know... when I got out of SERE the first three things on my priority list were a Steak, a BJ, and a nap.... Hope you did that before getting on here.

hobbstc

None
Ha, I had 2 McDoubles, a Med fries, and Med Coke. Took a nap. The other will ahve to wait until I get back to my wife. I live in Tallahassee, so I left her there at the house to have some semblance of a normal life when I am here at Rucker. I go home on the weekends.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Huh, I really couldn't eat much. I had the boxed lunch they gave us on the bus ride back and it took me the entire 2 hour ride to eat it, while some people devoured it. That night I had 2 pieces of pizza and couldn't stomach anything else.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I ate the lobster/mussel feast at sea dogs in Brunswick. It went out both ends in short order. It's the little things they forget to tell you about SERE school that really make it all worthwhile.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Double double, animal and a milk shake. And a nice sampling of Stone's magical creations later that night. Destroyed my stomach, but worth it.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Tell Jorge (in Rucker) I said, "Hi! and to hurry up and finish before he misses all the fun!"

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
SERE...We all went after winging and at the end of the FRS. We ate at some sort of buffet afterwards. On the DC-9 ride home we kept mocking the aircrew/flight attendant until he told the pilot (reserve O-6). We got chewed out a little, kept acting up, then got chewed out a LOT and threatened to leave us in Brunswick!

Seriously, what would you expect from a full DC-9 full of recent SERE graduates?

hobbstc

None
Last night was AUCE wing night at the local place. Must have had 40+ wings. I think I got my $10 worth!

hobbstc

None
Ok, just a quick update. Halfway through week 2 at the airfield. I think I finally found the hover button today. At 11.7 hrs right now, getting prepped for the P1 checkride.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You still in Jax or are you at Rucker now? I've been drinking for about 5 hours and my reading comprehension sucks.

hobbstc

None
Currently at Rucker. For about another 10 months. Then back to Jax. Then to PA/TX for the -72 course.