• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New girl needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

That girl sounds like she is trying to paint her husband as the unobtainable. Yes OCS at the moment is getting difficult to enter. But you are GUARANTEED to NOT get selected if you do not apply. So the choice is yours, you can give it your best shot and know that you did so, or you can do nothing and be guaranteed of rejection.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

tali264

whoa, whoa. Oxford, don't let this woman discourage you. Find out for yourself whether you can get in or not. Physically you can improve and as for saving yourself by going into the Navy.... what does she know. Ignore her. Only you know your true reasons and you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Good luck.

oxford

Thank you guys! I am not a looser!! How many times in my life I did something what was difficult to achieve? Million times! I am not going to listen to her. Maybe she is so upset about women being in the NAVY?
(if they are pretty ones, she has more problem with that)I am 147 lbs and 5'5", good looking I would say and she is 230lbs.
I did not realize that her answer could be a "woman type thing" rather than an advice based on real knowledge. Well, where is my lawyer's skill (1. in big cases you need advice of many 2. if you want wise answer-ask wise people)
I guess I re-grouped and ready to fight.
I was reading so many posts and confused now about which test should I take for OCS; 1. Officer candidate test or 2. (that four letter one)

Hartman

As sad as this sounds...DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE SHIT YOU HEAR IN A RECRUITER'S OFFICE! Some of those people think they're God and enjoy having leverage on people's lives. Sick bastards!!! Yes, things are tight and you may have to apply more than once, but more slots WILL open up. Go for it! It's not over until you miss an age cut-off or you give up.

grmaster1

Originally posted by oxford
Thank you guys! I am not a looser!!

Do you speak Russian at all? Seems like you completely ignored my previous post...

Where are you from originally? Where did you get your degrees?

If you wanna be an officer in the US Navy--you gotta do everything fast--'cause you're not getting any younger.

If you need any help, you can e-mail me till tomorrow...

oxford

I am sorry. I attempted to e-mail you the veruy first day I saw your post but I hit the wrong key and my e-mail went to different man. In fact, he e-mailed be back and was very helpful.
I will try to e-mail you today. I am at my office now. Do not be angry at me. I understand my 30 is not very helpful when I talk about military but I hope it is not so bad ( I guess I have legally to 34)
E- mail me to my private e-mail voinoff@msn.com
Do not be angry[:I]

ghost_ttu

oxford, I don't think grmaster is upset, he didn't realize that you had made error. And you'll notice that people don't hold grudges here, they may jump at you, but it is just to get you to act because most people here are pretty helpful.

grmaster, I'm assuming you didn't cuss her out in Russian or something cause don't expect me to translate, I'm an IDIOT when it comes to foreign language [:p]

grmaster1

Originally posted by ghost_ttu

grmaster, I'm assuming you didn't cuss her out in Russian or something cause don't expect me to translate, I'm an IDIOT when it comes to foreign language [:p]

Remember, in the Simpsons, when Bart signs one of the twins' school book, she exclaims: "He writes the way people talk!"?

No, I didn't cuss her out in Russian[:D]

By the way, when praying to those SNA gods, make sure you give 'em some sort of a sacrificial offering[}:)]

Oxford, I already e-mailed you, and I'm never angry... just mad[8D]

cman

Oxford, yes-- but not really.

Your first assignment after OCS will be training for which ever designator you were accepted for. Pilots and NFOs go places like Pensacola and various training commands in Texas. The supply guys go to Athens Georgia I believe, and Intel I think go to somewhere in Verginia. The time you spend in any of these locations varies as well-- 1.5 to 2 years for Pilots and NFOs, and a couple of months to a year for most other designators. You don't have any say durring this time, you have to go where ever the training is located. After that however you will be given the chance to request where you'd like to serve. This is commonly refered to as "dream sheet" because no matter where you'd like to serve, the Navy will send you where you are needed. It's called the "needs of the Navy" and you'll live with it for as long as you're in the Navy. Basically, if you're Intel, and they need Intel people in D.C, and you've listed D.C. as your first choice, you will most likely get D.C. But, if there is a greater need for Intel people in someplace like, oh say the south pole, well then you'd better find yourself a nice warm parka.

Chris

cman

Hey, if the SNA (or in my case NFO) gods need sacrifices... I guess I'd have to offer up my recruiter[}:)]

I'm pretty sure he'd be up for this as long as I was guaranteed a slot.[:p]

cman

Just joking-- in case you're reading Chief
icon_smile_wink.gif

grouch

cman, thats some funny shit! Hey oxford, try to get an officer for your recruiter. I've found that they are a little more helpful. It has been my experience that recruiters only really know about stuff that they have already delt with. If they have not delt with the naturalized thing than they probably won't know, or know how to find out. Keep kicking until something breaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.