• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Enlisted Commissioning website by Mustangs for future Mustangs

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"In the Navy, a Mustang is an Officer who has promoted up from the ranks of Navy enlisted personnel through an in-service procurement program, with no interruption of his/her active duty status. It is also understood that the Mustang Officer was a career Sailor, and normally wears one or more Good Conduct Medals.
Thus, the Navy Mustang is either a Navy Limited Duty Officers (LDO), a Chief Warrant Officers (CWO), or commissioned through the Direct Fleet Accession, Seaman to Admiral (STA-21) program, or through the Enlisted Commissioning Program including OCS. In the past, there were other programs leading to a commission, such as NESEP, or the Naval Flight Officer program, but these have since gone away."

I find it appalling that for the number of prior enlisted O's posting on this thread this many of you have blatantly forgotten where you came from. That is part of the problem with naval leadership today. Those of you who are prior E's were selected to be an o because someone out there thought you’d make a good officer simply based on your enlisted performance, don't disappoint them. Unless you graduated from the academy then you are no thorough breed officer and nor will you ever be. If you are prior e and fit the quoted description above then guess what, you are a Mustang like it or not. You are the second best thing the Navy has to offer their subordinates as leaders second only to USNA graduates. Get over your selves people and except who you really are and be proud of the honor badge bestowed on you. Enlisted people respect you; I hope you do not disrespect them by disrespecting your selves and where you came from.

Dog pile if you wish, but you cannot show your as*** any more than you already have.
Rant/ over

Seriously? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. When priors, such as myself, say that we're not Mustangs, it's because that is how the term is used and understood in the fleet, not because we don't acknowledge our background. Your view on Academy vs. other commissioning sources further demonstrates your lack of knowledge in how the officer community operates. Prove me wrong...I'm waiting.

Brett

Crowbar

None
For the record, Marines refer to most priors as Mustangs, not just CWOs and LDOs. I have yet to meet anybody who refers to themselves as a mustang on a regular basis. That would be pretty lame.

I haven't heard the term used at all in years. Marine Corps League/VFW guys might like to throw it around, but I'm talking about Marines on active duty. If you hear it regularly it might be a community specific thing because I don't.

And for one more record, people who call themselves Mustangs LOVE the cock.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless you graduated from the academy then you are no thorough breed officer and nor will you ever be. If you are prior e and fit the quoted description above then guess what, you are a Mustang like it or not. You are the second best thing the Navy has to offer their subordinates as leaders second only to USNA graduates.

First, take the Annapolis cock out of your mouth son, you're drooling.

Second, so everyone is clear, "ICE COLD BEER" is also known as "shaw5fe." Search for his posts, he's clearly a down-to-earth, rationale person...

Please, ICBshaw5fe, school us, we want to learn more!

Big Biff

Got Em
For the record, Marines refer to most priors as Mustangs, not just CWOs and LDOs. I have yet to meet anybody who refers to themselves as a mustang on a regular basis. That would be pretty lame.

This isn't an attempted threadjack, just a quick question. Having been a Marine for 5 years, I had never EVER heard of LDO besides seeing the boards posted via Maradmins until I started dealing with my Navy OR. Does the Marine Corps still use these? They seem interchangable with Warrent Officers which I dealt with alot more than actual Commisioned Officers. Perhaps it is just MOS dependent.

utak

I want to meet a new and very special friend!

Since I had a night checkride and have all morning before going back to the squadron, your wish is my command.

icecoldbeer.png

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
made. my. day.

shaw5fe aka Ice Cold Douche, "learn it, know it, live it."

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
thoroughbred doucher. Can I refer to myself as an example of tertiary leadership now that ice cold douche says it is so. hmm...

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
First, take the Annapolis cock out of your mouth son, you're drooling.

Second, so everyone is clear, "ICE COLD BEER" is also known as "shaw5fe." Search for his posts, he's clearly a down-to-earth, rationale person...

Please, ICBshaw5fe, school us, we want to learn more!

OC (Your Name)
Officer Candidate School
Class XX-XX
Officer Training Command Newport
291 Kollmeyer St
Newport, RI 02841-1641

+

I hope this helps:
AM1 (AW) (EDIT: We know his name, we don't need to publicize it)
OCS class 10 May 2009 (PILOT)

= Bad Judgement

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
OC (Your Name)
Officer Candidate School
Class XX-XX
Officer Training Command Newport
291 Kollmeyer St
Newport, RI 02841-1641

+

I hope this helps:
AM1 (AW) (EDIT: We know his name, we don't need to publicize it)
OCS class 10 May 2009 (PILOT)

= Bad Judgement

Time for the chapstick, prophylactics, and singing card!

Oh, and would a "Mustang Academy Grad" be one step above the rest?!

What a douche... -26

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Oh, and would a "Mustang Academy Grad" be one step above the rest?!

Isn't phrogpilot73 a Mustang Academy Grad? Well, he's only 5 feet tall and worships at the altar of the CH46. Oh yeah, and he smokes. So unless he shoots lightning out of his ass the answer is no.:icon_smil