• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Desert Aviation BDUs

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Two Piece Flightsuits

One of the guys in my squadron has a 2 piece flight suit. He did an IA and flew with some Air Force guys doing super secret squirrel stuff. He brought the suit back and wears it on Fridays.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the guys in my squadron has a 2 piece flight suit. He did an IA and flew with some Air Force guys doing super secret squirrel stuff. He brought the suit back and wears it on Fridays.

and how is that received?

MasterBates

I acquired a 2 piece a couple years ago. It's patched and velcroed appropriately, but it resides in a box in my storage unit. I do think it's more comfortable, and has the added benefit of not nutting me when I reach for something over my head.

If I wear a bag 2 sizes too big, the nutting problem goes away, but 52XL is hard to come by in the supply system. Hell, 48Ls take an act of god to get around here.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Check with the PR's - they have a whole catalog of different flight suits that in theory are authorized (but your command will never authorize the purchase of). The caveat is that the two piece ones cannot be worn to the boat. I think some of the helo bubbas wear the two piece ones in country for comfort.

Not that it really matters, but why not? What difference does it make?

phrogpilot73

NAVAIR is indeed developing/evaluating a new flight suit design that is two-piece. My guess is that once NAVAIR approves it, it'll be the new issue flight suit and will slowly replace the one piece. I do see a positive to a two-piece: No need to get completely undressed to take a dump.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I have no idea why you can't wear it to the boat....
Must be a recent decision by the "thinkers" ... as it wasn't a "problem" in the ol' days ... :sleep_125

We actually considered it a great trophy to get, wear, and fly in an Army two-piece flying "suit" of the day.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I have no idea why you can't wear it to the boat. The PR's with the catalog are my source and that is what they said. Sorry, I'll see if I can get a legit answer on Wed when we get back to work.

Aaaahhhhhhh........the PR2 said so. That figures. I predict he'll quote chapter and verse out of the C.A.N.T. manual.

FTR, I don't really care one way or the other. I just don't see any legit reason why they shouldn't be worn aboard ship.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Aaaahhhhhhh........the PR2 said so. That figures. I predict he'll quote chapter and verse out of the C.A.N.T. manual.....
It's nice to know that some things never change ... :)

I also think the 4.72 % who voted in favor of E-6 & below wearing khakis should be put in the brig. Or put to death, whatever ...
:)

onedge

pilot
army.mil-2008-10-20-185546.jpg

101st CAB Soldiers receive awards for Valor
Photo by Spc. George Welcome, 101st Combat Aviation Brigade Public Affairs

I do not mean to take away from the gentlemen receiving awards but are those 2 piece desert flight suits?

Bevo16

pilot
I do not mean to take away from the gentlemen receiving awards but are those 2 piece desert flight suits?

Sort of. They are the new aviation BDU's. Lots of Navy squadrons are getting them as well. I never had had a set, but my AW's got them and LOVED them for all of the overland missions. That are much more functional for all the crap they have to wear, and for getting out and doing GRE. If my guys were for them, they were good enough for me.

highside7r

None
Actually on the phase out as the newer ACU pattern in the pic is coming to be standard, until we get the coveralls back in the same pattern (my roommate got a set and they are ugly). The regular tan flightsuits are to be gone next for us (Army).

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
As much as I love my bag, I certainly wouldn't mind having a two piece outfit - would make doing the duce so much easier.