• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Desert Aviation BDUs

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More info here.

abduarmortanodisplay_small.jpg

ImageLoader

ImageLoader

-ea6bflyr ;)

Coota0

None
Actually on the phase out as the newer ACU pattern in the pic is coming to be standard, until we get the coveralls back in the same pattern (my roommate got a set and they are ugly). The regular tan flightsuits are to be gone next for us (Army).

At Rucker all they're issuing is A2CUs, no pickle suits, no two-piece desert, no ABDU, just butt ugly A2CU. :(

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
whichever way makes getting an ugly wife more of a certainty is the proper way for the army to wear the uniform.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check with the PR's - they have a whole catalog of different flight suits that in theory are authorized (but your command will never authorize the purchase of). The caveat is that the two piece ones cannot be worn to the boat. I think some of the helo bubbas wear the two piece ones in country for comfort.

Not that it really matters, but why not? What difference does it make?

I finally got the reference from the PR's. Here you go:

NAVAIR 13-1-6.7-2 Page 3-28 section 3-4 paragraph 3-64.

application
The IABDU is used as an alternative to the CWU-27/P flight suit and is available to non-ejection seat aircrew only. The Army IABDU supplies have been exhausted and are no longer issued. the A2CU has replaced the IABDU in the system, but because of the distinctive digital pattern it is not authorized for general wear. Consult the Navy Uniform Regulations for guidance as to whether or not your activity is authorized to wear the A2CU before you try to purchase them. If the A2CU is authorized it shall be maintained as per this IABDU section.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just thinking about this today, as I watch all the USAF morons walking around here in their various garb. Why would you want to wear a two-piece in any aircraft? Seems like the fire would go right up the bottom of the top, which would lead to bad times.

Brett

MasterBates

The ones we "acquired" from Army dudes in trade fit fairly tight. Seemed to be a tad thicker than the standard suit. Mine is in storage, so I cant grab it to look if it had a waist string easily.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just thinking about this today, as I watch all the USAF morons walking around here in their various garb. Why would you want to wear a two-piece in any aircraft? Seems like the fire would go right up the bottom of the top, which would lead to bad times.

Brett

I agree but...

In the gulf, our aircrew in the COD often are loading and unloading in the direct heat. They end up a sweaty mess and often drop the tops of their flight suits just for a bit more comfort. Now they look like a bag of ass in front of DV's & Pax. The 2 piece suit will allow for a more professional look in the summer gulf months. We are actually pretty concious of how we look in front of the DV's when we fly them around, and the 2 piece could help...