• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Chinese version of F-22/23/35..whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
How to make fighter better then F-22 in 3 easy steps:
Step one: make it look like pictures on Internet.
Step two: ...don't know
Step three: Profit!

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
The tail plan really resembles the Mig 1.42 concept plane... Or the Berkut.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The tail plan really resembles the Mig 1.42 concept plane... Or the Berkut.

Put the intakes on the bottom instead of the side and it would look like a younger and stealthier brother of the MiG 1.44/1.42 (which is a flyable prototype, not just a concept) with some F-22/23 thrown in. Between this and the PAK-FA it is almost like the F-22 lobby paid the Russians and Chinese to roll them both out in 2010, a last chance to keep the line going before it shuts down in 2012.

MiG 1.44

1.44_02.jpg

Lawman

None
Ok... Mods can we move all the stuff on this out of the F-35 page if we're going to start a thread on it?

Flying Toaster

None
x2 On the merge of the content in the JSF thread, more pictures, commentary, etc.

While it seems highly unlikely this will be a world beater, or a threat anytime soon, at least it seems to be getting some play in the mainstream media. It's probably too much to hope that it might sound the alarm that our air dominance shouldn't be quite so take for granted by our politicians and the general public. Endlessly dismissing threats as baseless works great until that one day you wake up with a gun to your head and find yourself wondering how it happened. Then again I guess that logic works great if you plan on being long gone when that threat and the consequences becomes a reality. Sort of reminds me of our current financial situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.