• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Chinese version of F-22/23/35..whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I just don't understand how the quoted source had such detailed insider knowledge of a foreign aircraft he has never seen personally. If you could shed some light on this, I think everyone would appreciate it.

Have you taken a look at the JSF or Osprey threads lately????

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
If anyone wants a good laugh, read some off the comments about this over at Fox news.

das

Contributor
Don’t Panic: China’s New Stealth Jet Takes to the Air, Danger Room, January 10, 2011

PICTURES & VIDEOS: J-20 first flight - the camera doesn't lie or does it?, Flightglobal, January 10, 2011

J-20-first-flight-thumb-444x191-109973.gif

For those who think the J-20 is a mockup, I suppose it still could be fake photo. I don't know enough to have an opinion either way...just passing along news.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
My only comment, and ironically something that's never been said to me: "Looks really big..."

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
If anyone wants a good laugh, read some off the comments about this over at Fox news.
The multiple page analysis also has comments. I laughed. The amount of brain washing that goes on over in china-land is impressive.

Well, in all fairness it's not like any Asian airpower has ever taken us by surprise..... er....wait.....

Does anyone else get the same feeling of "pretend we're working for peace and then backstab at the last minute"? It sounds retarded but, hell, I just get this feelin'.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The Chinese are patient. They'll watch us spend money to counter this thing, while they buy the bonds we have to sell to afford it.

The pen has always been mightier than the sword, and today a trader's mouse is mightier than a missile.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
....The amount of brain washing that goes on over in china-land is impressive.

What brainwashing would that be?

Also, I read somewhere that parts of the J-20 are believe to be reverse engineered from the F-117 shot down over Bosnia...wouldn't this make it 1970's era technology? Also, I fail to understand why China would ever purposely go to war with the US. PLA maybe, but not China.

ryan1234

Also, I fail to understand why China would ever purposely go to war with the US.

If I had to bet, it would be against China directly going to war with us anytime soon. However, my personal BS opinion of world politics is that China built up/building up their military to finance/fund indirect wars/militaries that are more in their 'National Security' interest - pee on a couple fire hydrants on the world street. Who knows... this indirect military support could be seen more and more in North Korea, Africa, etc. Much the same as the US/USSR did 'back in the day. Who knows? Instead of idealism/political philosophy, it could be for financial stability. Just another worthless thought in the grand scheme of things.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Unlike Russia/USSR which sold us virtually nothing, the PRC would be bombing their biggest customer if they were to go to war w/ us. That's why I think they'll limit their aggressions to internet hacking, espionage & TF'ing us on the world stage whenever they can. In the meantime, they can hold our debt owed them over our heads to stay in control of the relationship. As Mav said, "it's looking good so far" (for them). Maybe the wild card in this relationship is Taiwan. Their military would invade today if allowed, and none of us knows if the Party hacks or PLA generals are really running the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.