• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEW ASTB Overview

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I cannot follow this link.

http://www.columbia.edu/~mmx1/astb

My recruiter sent it to me and I have tried to access it from many other posts, but i always get an error page. Any help???

Everything that was on columbia.edu website was re-located to www.marinegouge.com.

Apparently, you will score LOW on the reading comprehension. See the preceding posts on THIS page. -1 for you.

-ea6bflyr;)

LELECO84

hehe very funny...didnt have time to read thru 9 pages of back and forth so i decided to get to the point which apparently worked since i got my answer without having to read thru all of the posts......"read the whole thread"....my @ss

Srp7286

I'm about to take the test for the second time in about 3 weeks. My first time didnt do well at all 4/5/4 42. I have the Barrons and Arrco book, along with some civilian pilot's review sheets.

I guess my problem is that after looking through the books, im getting used to the questions, and when i took the test, form 3, I really felt i was unprepared, hence my score.

I feel like the concept and everything are not difficult, but not easy, i know i can pass this test, but i guess im just looking for any other sites that have similar math and physic problems

thanks

BullGator

I'm about to take the test for the second time in about 3 weeks. My first time didnt do well at all 4/5/4 42. I have the Barrons and Arrco book, along with some civilian pilot's review sheets.

I guess my problem is that after looking through the books, im getting used to the questions, and when i took the test, form 3, I really felt i was unprepared, hence my score.

I feel like the concept and everything are not difficult, but not easy, i know i can pass this test, but i guess im just looking for any other sites that have similar math and physic problems

thanks
Make sure that you have waited the minimum of 31 days before taking it again between your first two tries (I believe it is 91 days between the 2nd and 3rd try), or whatever scores you get will not count and you will be down to your last (3rd) chance.

hehe very funny...didnt have time to read thru 9 pages of back and forth so i decided to get to the point which apparently worked since i got my answer without having to read thru all of the posts......"read the whole thread"....my @ss

LELECO84, slow your roll. People are happy to help you here but you need to take some initiative (after all, you do want to be an officer, right?) because we will not "tie your shoes for you"...
When in doubt, STFU and just take the advice.
Good luck and study that gouge.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Make sure that you have waited the minimum of 31 days before taking it again between your first two tries (I believe it is 6 months between the 2nd and 3rd try), or whatever scores you get will not count and you will be down to your last (3rd) chance.

It's actually 91 days from 2nd to 3rd test as per NOMI.

ELECO84, slow your roll. People are happy to help you here but you need to take some initiative (after all, you do want to be an officer, right?) because we will not "tie your shoes for you"...
When in doubt, STFU and just take the advice.
Good luck and study that gouge

ELECO84, You may think I'm rude, but if you continue this behavior, I'll give you a timeout. Heed this warning from me and take the friendly advice from BullGator.

-ea6bflyr ;)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

You must not want it bad enough. There are folks on here with jobs, families, and what not who want it bad enough that while you are asleep...they are on here getting as much information and studying to succeed in putting together a stellar kit.

Nobody has to help you or answer your questions. If your question was answered. Politely say it was answered.

Next time when you think you don't need to read the wealth of information provided by people who have gone before you, remember....you're going to get what effort you put in.

Good luck.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Tell you what, I don't have time for your attitude. So next time you ask a question that has been asked and answered over and over again, I'll just ban you.

"help this douche-bag"....my ass.

reflex92

Astb help

I'm retaking this test in 1 week and really need some help. I scored a 4,4,4, 45 last time I took it which obviously isn't good enough. I have the arco books and have read EVERY post on this website, guess I'm just wondering if there are any other tips not mentioned yet?

BullGator

I'm retaking this test in 1 week and really need some help. I scored a 4,4,4, 45 last time I took it which obviously isn't good enough. I have the arco books and have read EVERY post on this website, guess I'm just wondering if there are any other tips not mentioned yet?
If you studied the documents within those posts (even just 1 or 2 of the good ones; the more the better though) you are doing well. Some recruits made some excellent study guides and they really helped me (I also used the Barron's book).

Compared to the first time you took it, how much more have you been studying? What did you study for the first attempt?

Good luck. A week is a fair amount of time to touch up on the areas that you don't quite understand yet, and to continue studying the basics.

DeepSea

Deep Sea Daddy
I am currently a navy diver. I will grad with my BS in Dec 09 and have been offer an EOD officer spot but I am thinking about trying to become a pilot. I have read all 9 pages on this thread and would like to say that you guys are awesome and it seems like this community is as close as the diving commmunity. Anyways back to my point I understand I will have to do well on the ASTB, but my question is do you think that already being in Spec ops will help in getting my packet pushed threw or do you think since I am in a critical rate I will have to stay a diver and go on to get my EOD comission (EOD DIVER there is no BDO (Basic Diving Officer) anymore)?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Deepsea,
Send a PM to EODDave. He once was EOD and is now in F/A-18s. I've known several former rates to go somewhere else once commissioned. SEAL to Navy Doc, HM to Pilot, etc. It can be done, but your GPA, past performance, and ASTB scores are what will get you in the door.

-ea6blyr ;)

Prayin4Pilot

I've downloaded atrickpay's study guide and was wondering how useful it actually is. My hat's off to him regardless it's very thourough and well organized. Here is the link for anyone interested. It is the 9th post down. http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145049&page=2&highlight=ASTB+personal+study+guide

Also, I'm worried about my GPA I just graduated with a 2.5 in a non-technical degree. Obviously I have to destroy the OAR, AQR and the PFAR for a chance at pilot. Does anyone know the scores I need currently to have a really good shot? I know they change often.

Thanks to everyone for all the great gouge!!

champ53

I had a similar GPA and my OR told me to be competitive I would need a 60-7-7-7.

I Also have a question. I am studying all the material to get the best possible score but what happens if I do not reach the mark for those scores? Can my OR just tell me NO your not competitive and thats it? I have read plenty of packets where their astb score was not that high yet have been selected. I have a pretty decent whole person packet and I dont want to be turned down just because I have a 2.4gpa and a 50s-6-6-6 astb.