• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEW ASTB Overview

dustysikes

Test Format

I noticed that the verbal and math sections are now divided into two different sections. I thought they would be one. The verbal is actually just reading comprehension. There was also an aviation supplemental test was math and mechanical, and some of the questions where repeats on my test. The study books where misleading in terms of format, but no big deal

DMace55

They changed the test format a few years ago.

The newest book to study from is Barrons (June 2007). They have the most recent format with realistic questions and good gouge on the other information.

Hope you did well!

Nitekrawler

Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge
Jeppensen Private Pilot
Take a private pilot ground school from some part 141 school
Study, study, study

So I havent taken the test yet but scheduled it for this summer. I have some aviation background as i am a aviation student and have studied with the ARCO book. do you think this should be good enough? Any suggestion is good.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I havent taken the test yet but scheduled it for this summer. I have some aviation background as i am a aviation student and have studied with the ARCO book. do you think this should be good enough? Any suggestion is good.

You have three chances to achieve a competitive score. Study, take the test, the you can assess where you might need to improve.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Tom

pilot
Contributor
It all depends on whether or not you know your stuff and that only you can say.

Novakane51

Gentlemen,

I am completely new to this and I need ALOT of help on what to study. I've printed off the Columbia.com Practice Test but where do I go to get the Info so I can study to take the Practice Test. Thanks gentlemen, I am fully prepared to study my butt off so any help would be greatly appreciated

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gentlemen,

I am completely new to this and I need ALOT of help on what to study. I've printed off the Columbia.com Practice Test but where do I go to get the Info so I can study to take the Practice Test. Thanks gentlemen, I am fully prepared to study my butt off so any help would be greatly appreciated

This place has a WONDERFUL search engine:
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

-ea6bflyr ;)

Autoace

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful information and links on this thread. I am studying like a madman to take my astb on June 9 to hopefully get into bdcp and ocs.

LT Dan

Study books for the ASTB

I was just wondering what books out there that are good to buy for this test.I just was accepted to go to Embry Riddle this fall to study Aeronautical science and wanted to get a head start. I plan on doing Navy ROTC . Is there anything you would recommend doing. I already hold my third class medical license .

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just wondering what books out there that are good to buy for this test.I just was accepted to go to Embry Riddle this fall to study Aeronautical science and wanted to get a head start. I plan on doing Navy ROTC . Is there anything you would recommend doing. I already hold my third class medical license .

Welcome to the forum. Please have a look around and USE THE SEARCH engine to see if your questions have been asked before....which they have. After browsing the site and using the search engine, then start a NEW thread and post your question. Hope this helps.

-ea6bflyr ;)

rokcreek

Taking ASTB for Intel

I have read alot of the different threads and have downloaded the gouge and the two Arco books. But I also read that the ASTB test has been updated. Does that mean that the ASTB gouge will no longer help me? I didn't realize that for the Intel pkg I need to complete the entire test...orginally was told differently. What will help someone who doesn't know a thing about taking the last three parts of the exam other than studying the material mentioned above.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I have read alot of the different threads and have downloaded the gouge and the two Arco books. But I also read that the ASTB test has been updated. Does that mean that the ASTB gouge will no longer help me? I didn't realize that for the Intel pkg I need to complete the entire test...orginally was told differently. What will help someone who doesn't know a thing about taking the last three parts of the exam other than studying the material mentioned above.

Check your PM's

jdbryan

Me too

I am in the same boat, I am applying for AMDO and have to take the entire test. I would like additional material on the mechanical and reading portions of the test. I have the ARCO book, but not much help..

nugget61

pilot
Does the real test have any questions with 2 correct answers? I just took a test from one of my no-name prep books and it had 2 images that were correct for a spatial problem. Thanks!

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Does the real test have any questions with 2 correct answers? I just took a test from one of my no-name prep books and it had 2 images that were correct for a spatial problem. Thanks!

There is a single correct answer for each of the questions on the actual test. I used the Barron's Military Flight Aptitude book and the spatial aspect had quite a few errors. Identical answers, the back of the book saying the correct answer for a diving plane was a picture of one climbing, etc.