• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new a-pool procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I guess they wanted to be individuals. What type of twisted logic motivates a person to do something so disrespectful and stupid? My mind is boggled.

I'm assuming you're being serious, but you sound kind of sarcastic there. But I think it's pretty obvious that uniform inspection and QD watch are not the time to accentuate one's individuality.

Apparently there are JOs even stupider than myself...bizarre.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They need to be kicked in the jimmy. Period.

Might damage their "Jimmy Piercings." :D

Come on 0715 to 1345 with a break for gym and lunch...and you get paid. too!!

Quit freakin' whining!!! Most people would die for a job like that.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
More incentive to get out of the pool, I guess. I'm glad I enjoyed it while I could. Too bad, no good deal lasts forever I guess.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
while we're at it, let's add SNA/FOs who wear their covers "at the dip" to the "kicked in the jimmy list," ... academy/kids with pedigrees I'm looking in your direction.

Anyways, a word to the wise, with the start of the new fiscal year the SWO quotas will be low and that they might be re-designating some SNA-types... starting with the SWO-tivated A-poolers with black shoes.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
while we're at it, let's add SNA/FOs who wear their covers "at the dip" to the "kicked in the jimmy list," ... academy/kids with pedigrees I'm looking in your direction.
wtf is that?

navy09

None
Are you talking about wearing a dip in the rear of your cover like god intended aviators to wear?

Good God, yes he is. There are ROTC kids who wear it like that before they even service select. Pretty ghey.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Good God, yes he is. There are ROTC kids who wear it like that before they even service select. Pretty ghey.

I understand being the good middie in ROTC, but there's nothing ghey/wrong with doing it as an SNA. It's like brown shoes. It's what we do.

navy09

None
I understand being the good middie in ROTC, but there's nothing ghey/wrong with doing it as an SNA. It's like brown shoes. It's what we do.

Ya, that's what I meant. I have the same feelings about Mids who begin sentences with, "When I get my wings..."

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
There is not going to be a 3 week API program. When I was going through API in June/July, an instructor was telling us about the change. The academics portion is going to be shortened from 4 weeks to 3 weeks. You will still have the 2 weeks of redneck games at the end. So, the change is just shortening API from 6 weeks to 5 weeks.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
P.S. Those new A-pool procedures sound really crappy. Glad I went through there before that change came about.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
Just saw the memo ...

summary:
New muster time at 0715 in the auditorium
uniform inspections 3 times a week
first comes study hall, then gym, then lunch, then study hall again or GMT, then a muster at 1345 and a-pool is dismissed.

if you are late or fail a uniform inspection you get a disciplinary notice
if your late or fail a uniform inspection a second time you get a pink sheet and a PRB

This might actually make some of my fellow A-poolers happy. They seem to be chomping at the bit to work all the time. Complaining about the relaxed old A-pool. Maybe they have a strange aversion to the beach, girls, or beer...I don't know.

As for me, I always seemed to get voluntold to do something until about 1345 anyways. No idea why. No biggy, though. But, I am glad to be starting IFS to get away from the uniform inspections.

My roommate is an Air Force guy who does less work than A-pool. He only has to actually show up about 3 times per week. I wonder if they are getting cracked down on too.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Wow, that sucks. I can understand if someone does something really stupid like show up wearing piercings, etc....but how did they find out someone showed up to muster drunk? I'm not condoning drinking before muster, but where were this dude's buddies? You take care of him / volunteer for anything he has to do / etc. and then make sure he knows you're not gonna save his @ss again (even though you probably will).

No reason something like that should be known up the chain unless it becomes a multiple offense kind of deal that can't be dealt with on the A-pool level, in my opinion. I thought A-pool was supposed to be kind of like JOPA-in-training?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.