• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new a-pool procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Its been a little while since i was in a-pool but can you all tell what an OCS/USNA/ROTC guy looks like just by looking at them? They all look like ensigns/jg's to me.
The ENS with his hands in his pockets went to the Academy. The fat ENS with his hands in his pockets leaning against the bulkhead did NROTC :p.

I kid :)

MasterBates

It's been a while, but we could spot them when I was in A-Pool. Not in a "Can spot every academy guy" way, but in a "that dude went to Canoe-U" way. And it was not just the MUC they all had either.

Rubiks06

pilot
Damn.....I graduated with the ones I was in A-pool with and i couldn't tell you who a lot of them were. I guess i should have paid better attention.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, as a NROTC product, this has been my first experience interacting with a lot of OCS guys and I have to say that in my very short time here, they seem on average to conduct themselves the most professionally of the bunch.

I don't mean to bash on anyone's commissioning source, though. As others have said, there's good ones and there's dirtbags coming out of each.

Guys from OCS also just finished up an intense boot camp experience, unlike Academy and ROTC guys. When I was at A-pool there were some OCS ensigns who were still convinced they were going to get yelled at by DIs if they did something wrong.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I get so sick and tired of people bashing the Academy. Point the finger at the person, not the commissioning source.

I would tend to agree, give everyone a fair shot and not just lump them together, but since the offending issues came from Academy guys, and when I walked across the street to check into API from OCS, it was all the dudes walking around with 3 ribbons who looked like shit, I am going to do that in this case. They had NO shirt stays, wrinkled, stained, frumpy looking uniform, unpolished BLACK shoes, wrong colored socks (seen it), and a general bitch-attitude.

I am NOT saying all the academy kids are like this, but I would say of the people I saw like the above, 80% were academy. Maybe it's the fact that our gunnies (up until last summer) were across the street from us and would tear off our skulls and monkey-stomp us if they saw us looking less than stellar in uniform, or because we knew our OCS peers would do the same, but OCS guys almost never looked bad (I know there are shitbags from all walks of life). ROTC guys had some issues, and probably the same fraction as the academy kids, but it seemed there were a lot more academy guys so the percentage meant a lot more academy shitbags walking around.

Whatever, the bottom line is that if someone looks like ass, it's OUR responsibility to handle it at the lowest level and tell our friend to unfuck himself! If the next level (the LT) has to tell him to unfuck himself, bad things happen like this.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
That's one thing I have admired about the Marines. Very few of their uniforms looks like ass and if they do it tends to get corrected fairly fast. All branches should be the same in that regard but the Navy has a general "I don't give a fuck attitude" for some reason.

mcaggie07

None
Now that I have had time to read through this whole string, I think its hilarious! Its a little sad too, though. Really though the only people who care they went to the Academy is the Academy folks. As sure as Im sittin, I dont give a lick where anyone went to school. If you look like trash, and act like a sack of smashed ass then eventually you will chewed up by your peers, senior officers or worst case your E-2 - E-5 guys.
We were having a OCS-USNA dicussion at Hub Stacy's the other night and I think I was the only one who said SO WHAT. One group wore a uniform for 4 years and the other got yelled at by a gunny for 9 weeks. Who cares. Your all equal now. Your all waiting to start a career, and havent done a damn thing past a summer vacation spent pretending like you are big navy.

And the stuff about earning your brown shoes, dipping your cover...thats all BS. Read the uniform regs. Just do it, the only thing we need to earn is our wings. (Some may need to earn a little respect too).

Oh and last thing..wear your cover while your driving on base ..Its like the #2 rule in the UNIREGS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I mean...I go looking for ROTC or OCS guys to tell them how much better than them I am....Its been a little while since i was in a-pool but can you all tell what an OCS/USNA/ROTC guy looks like just by looking at them? They all look like ensigns/jg's to me.

Ya, you can. Besides the regular assbaggery (I keed :)), you can tell because they are the only ENS/JG who has the pizza stain, rifle and pistol qual. OCS and ROTC (although some ROTC might have all 3 too) only has pizza stain at the moment (unless RI is different).

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Like everyone else has been saying, blame the individiual, not the source. As for the ribbons, you can't blame them just because they happened to be at USNA when they issued the pizza stain. As for the rifle/pistol quals, who the fuck cares? After about 2 months, no one really cares about where you went to school, anyway (until football season rolls around).

It's simple. Don't look like ass. If you need shirt stays, use them. Shave. Don't let your shoes look like ass. General common sense stuff like being sober at muster (although we've all seen otherwise at least once). I spent a year there. I'm glad it wasn't that bad when I was there.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Oh and last thing..wear your cover while your driving on base ..Its like the #2 rule in the UNIREGS.

I wear it going in and then take it off. You see, I find it "impractical".

the Regs said:
A cover is mandatory when entering or
within a military reservation, unless wearing the cap is
impractical or hazardous.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I just checked in yesterday when this bomb was dropped. Sorry guys, I must be bad luck.

I just hope these inspections are general "don't look like a bag of ass" inspections and nothing over the top.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
And for anyone who feels like giving me shit for wearing white socks in my flight suit and boots... READ the uniform regs... white and green socks are the only ones authorized. So while your black socks may "seem" cool, you are out of uniform.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
And for anyone who feels like giving me shit for wearing white socks in my flight suit and boots... READ the uniform regs... white and green socks are the only ones authorized. So while your black socks may "seem" cool, you are out of uniform.

Are you fucking serious?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

no shit? hmm. Oh well, I've got way more black boot socks than I have green or white, and they are comfy too. The next time i get inspected in my flight suit down to my socks, I'll make sure to wear white ones :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.