• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

SlickAg

pilot
I’m digging “For All Mankind,” one of the kickoff shows on Apple TV+. Alternate history where the Soviet N1 didn’t explode and Alexi Leonov landed on the moon two weeks before Apollo 11. The US space program thus stays pressurized (so to speak) and politically motivated to press on instead of Nixon losing interest and cutting Apollo. Ronald D “Battlestar” Moore is the executive producer.

It doesn’t get some of the background details quite right but it does a good job accurately assessing how the various historic figures involved (like Nixon) would really have reacted.
You might consider checking out From the Earth to the Moon.

Tom Hanks was the EP, chronicles the lead up to and the Apollo program in the 60s and 70s. Probably only counts as alternate history if you’re a moon landing conspiracy theorist. Made in 1998 and the special effects reflect that but it’s still got high production value.

Available on HBO GO and you can score a box set off Amazon for pretty cheap.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Tom Hanks was the EP, chronicles the lead up to and the Apollo program in the 60s and 70s. Probably only counts as alternate history if you’re a moon landing conspiracy theorist. Made in 1998 and the special effects reflect that but it’s still got high production value.

The Apollo 12 episode is probably the best single-episode, for obvious reasons once watched. "Spider" is a very close second. I actually want to rewatch it soon, as I haven't seen it in years. I do wish the F/X were able to have been transferred to HD (or at least 480p) when they made the DVD, as that seemed to be the biggest issue on my old DVD set.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Apollo 12 episode is probably the best single-episode, for obvious reasons once watched. "Spider" is a very close second. I actually want to rewatch it soon, as I haven't seen it in years. I do wish the F/X were able to have been transferred to HD (or at least 480p) when they made the DVD, as that seemed to be the biggest issue on my old DVD set.

They did an HD re-release for the 50th anniversary earlier this year. I believe the FX were updated for that.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Available on HBO GO and you can score a box set off Amazon for pretty cheap.
I missed this series when it was first on HBO and I'm bummed it's only available as a DVD or via HBO GO neither or which are my thing.

SlickAg

pilot

Michael Collins is a great follow on Facebook; he posted this pic of the Apollo 12 crew with their matching Corvettes today.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
If one did not see "Ford vs Ferrari" by all means catch it on streaming or Blu-Ray. True story of Ferrari continuously winning the 24 hours of Le Mans with the high revving 4.0 liter V-12's until Carrol Shelby and company show up with the Ford GT-40's Mark II's, their engine bays stuffed with 7.0 liters of NASCAR muscle. Fantastic movie.

On a completely separate subject, caught episode 1 of the new "War of the World" series on Epix (also on Amazon Prime I believe). Very good.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Finished Ozark, too bad I watched the entire 3rd season in a week. Now I have to wait an entire year or more...thanks CORONA

Waiting on new season of Billions to start

Sad to see Homeland coming to an end. I have a feeling they are going to end it abruptly.