• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
OMG! That line is so funny...considering I got a similar line from a two star admiral (Tim Alexander).

I was a CW2 at the airshow party at NAS Jax when my crewchief said,
"Do you know there's a two star here?"
Me: "Yeah, I think I know him. He was at HSL-40 when I was there. I think that's Tim Alexander."
Crewchief: "Oh! It's TIM? Reaaallly?"

A few moments later, after glancing my way several times, Admiral Alexander (Tim) walks over to me and says,

"I know you, right?"
Me: "Yes sir. It's Rob"
Tim: "El Bob!!!... Wow. It's been a long time. What's up with that!?!?" Poking the CW2 rank on my chest.

If I'm drunk when telling the story, it ends with me poking him back in the chest and saying something witty.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
This looks really good. Based on the true story: Ford V Ferrari. Coming in November with Matt Damon and Christian Bale.
"This isn't the first time Ford Motor has gone to war. Go to War."

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The Handmaid’s Tale

Just started watching. Interesting so far. Big takeaway for me (unmentioned in the show) is that the 2nd Amendment is not just for hunting and target practice. The Constitution (all of it, not just your favorite parts) is the only reasonable defense against tyranny - foreign or domestic.

The first two seasons are good. The third season slows down quite a bit.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Happened to catch this the other night on PBS: The Farthest concerning Voyager I and Voyager II. Thought it was pretty good.

https://www.pbs.org/the-farthest/home/

THE FARTHEST tells the captivating tales of the people and events behind one of humanity’s greatest achievements in exploration: NASA’s Voyager mission, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this August. The twin spacecraft—each with less computing power than a cell phone—used slingshot trajectories to visit Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. They sent back unprecedented images and data that revolutionized our understanding of the spectacular outer planets and their many peculiar moons.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Happened to catch this the other night on PBS: The Farthest concerning Voyager I and Voyager II. Thought it was pretty good.

https://www.pbs.org/the-farthest/home/

THE FARTHEST tells the captivating tales of the people and events behind one of humanity’s greatest achievements in exploration: NASA’s Voyager mission, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this August. The twin spacecraft—each with less computing power than a cell phone—used slingshot trajectories to visit Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. They sent back unprecedented images and data that revolutionized our understanding of the spectacular outer planets and their many peculiar moons.

I liked that doc; much better than the usual space-history stuff. Particularly enjoyed the revelation that the radiation shielding for the electronics was literally off-the-shelf. It’s Reynolds aluminum foil. JPL sent some interns to clean out the local supermarkets.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I liked that doc; much better than the usual space-history stuff. Particularly enjoyed the revelation that the radiation shielding for the electronics was literally off-the-shelf. It’s Reynolds aluminum foil. JPL sent some interns to clean out the local supermarkets.
So my foil hat WILL work?!

Birdbrain

pilot
I just finished watching Mad Men and Peaky Blinders, those are two really enjoyable shows for entirely different reasons. Mad Men is great because of the focus on core characters, their daily struggles followed by defeats and victories, and how the world changes around them in the 50s and 60s. Peaky Blinders is great because it's about a slum gypsy criminal family rising from low level racketeering after WWI to vast wealth with international business in England, and it focuses on a cast of a family of devilish and fun characters who use various (and usually violent) strategies to undermine and defeat their many enemies as the story progresses through the 1920s. I hope it gets another season.

But now I'm looking for another show, I was thinking of House of Cards or Sopranos but if anybody has another Netflix recommendation I would like to hear it.