• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need PLC PEBD maradmins or other pay docs

timmilus84

I am having a lot of trouble. Currently getting into the 6th month at TBS and the admin shop here isn't doing anything to help. I did a huge search for about a day total trying to find documentation on what Pay Entry Base Date I should have

Here's my timeline:

Contract Jan 2004
Attend PLC Jr- May 30th 2004 (what I think my PEBD should be)
Attend Srs- July 2006- Stress Fctr NPQ and sent home after 4 wks
Attend Srs- May 2007- Graduate
Commission- Oct 25, 2008
PTAD from Oct 31 2008-April 27th 2009
Report to TBS-April 28th 2009

I thought my PEBD would be when I first went to OCS (May 30th, 04). It used to be when you contracted, but not anymore. I took the Financial Assistance Program, which adds 6mo of service (air contracts not affected). What happened was they took all my time on AD (training at OCS) and backdated my PEBD from my commissioning date. What I need are the maradmins or some dod docs that state what is supposed to happen with my pay date. Every other person I have asked in my company that was PLC has theirs as when they went to OCS. The bad part is the admin shop here is ridiculously slow and told me I was wrong, even with 20 other people I could easily name off in my company that had theirs the way it should be. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What's the PEBD on your NAVMC 763? You signed it. Didn't you verify it then?

Start with this link. From there if you really want to get in the weeds, go to the DOD FMR. Don't forget to use your SPC. He's there to help.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
I wasn't prior enlisted so when I first joined and was signing all the paper work, I really had no idea what I was looking at, doing and signing. I was just doing what I was told.

But yes, your PEBD should be when you first reported to PLC Jr. I got commissioned in May 1999 but my PEBD is June 1997 (PLC Jr.).

Also check Marine Online: Go to Personal Info, Basic Individual Record. You're PEBD is listed there.

Clux4

Banned
Here is where I think the problem is. You were probably hard dropped at OCS when you went and NPQ'd and so your PEBD was messed with. I am sure your OSO has a copy of your orders to PLC Jnr's. You need to get that and take that to admin. But your OMPF should also have that information. If you cannot get your orders, order your OMPF on a CD and see what it says. You would think that your OMPF should have the same information as 3270 but it is not always the case.

usmcecho4

pilot
Whoever is doing your paperwork is probably confusing MCFAP with MCTAP

MCTAP does screw with your PEBD in the following way:

"...5. Longevity Credit. Pursuant to reference (b), PLC members
who enroll in the MCTAP will receive a Pay Entry Base Date
(PEBD) that corresponds to the date of commissioning, with
adjustments for periods of active duty for training, unless
the PLC member is also a member of the Selected Marine Corps
Reserve (SMCR). Selected Marine Corps Reservists, who are
concurrently enrolled in the PLC program, will continue to be
entitled to longevity credit. Any PLC member who chooses not
to enroll in the MCTAP will retain the service obligation
contained in their current service agreement and will receive
longevity credit..."

MTAP MARADMIN: http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO 1560.33.pdf

MFAP does not:

d. That in consideration of and by reason of accepting
financial assistance I incur the following extended active
duty obligation to which I consent:
(1) If commissioned, that my first assignment to active
duty will be to The Basic School.
(2) If commissioned, to serve on extended active duty
for the minimum period stated in the service agreement in
effect at the time of my commissioning plus 6 months regardless
of the amount of money accepted or the number of academic years
taken.
e. That the obligation described in paragraph 1d above, is
in addition to any other obligation that may be incurred while
on active duty and will not serve to decrease any other legal
obligation.

MCFAP MARADMIN: http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO 7220.43B.pdf

If TBS can't help you you can mess with it once you get to flight school. I had a similar problem with my contract (they put be down for an eight year obligation vice a six year obligation). I sent my NAVMAC into the monitor and he changed my EAS to reflect the six year obligation. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this as you have a few years before it will start affecting you. Good luck.

s/f,
usmcecho4

timmilus84

I was in an argument with the admin guy here at TBS about this matter. I told him that at least 8 people I have talk to that are PLC have theirs as when they went to OCS, and he said that mine was right and everyone else was wrong....wow. Also, I talked to the GS at my OSO office (I've known since 04) and even she said that it is correct the way it is.

As for signing it, I had no idea what the PEBD was when I signed it. I didn't realize that it was my pay date until after I got commissioned.

I'm going to try one more time with the admin shop here. See if I can somehow convince him that I am correct. It took all my strength not to lose my temper at his nonchalant, I don't give a shit attitude. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Clux4

Banned
Ask to speak to the PERSO. He/she is the WO in the back office. I am not sure they still have them at TBS with the whole IPAC thing.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
On a somewhat similar request, does anyone know when the EAS is changed to reflect the contract obligation after getting winged? Currently, I have a date of 11 Oct 2010 (three years after my TBS grad) and with a winging date of 28 Aug 09, my EAS should be around 28 Aug 2017. The reason I ask is that my mortgage broker needs proof that I am not getting out next year. Thanks.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Here is where I think the problem is. You were probably hard dropped at OCS when you went and NPQ'd and so your PEBD was messed with. I am sure your OSO has a copy of your orders to PLC Jnr's. You need to get that and take that to admin. But your OMPF should also have that information. If you cannot get your orders, order your OMPF on a CD and see what it says. You would think that your OMPF should have the same information as 3270 but it is not always the case.

I agree. I think it has something to do with your NPQ from Seniors.

timmilus84

On my NAVMC 763 it has no break for my PLC time. So I don't think that my NPQ status actually played in since it was at seniors. As in, I had graduated Jrs and was already classified as a Candidate before going to Snrs the first time and getting NPQ'd so I was retained in the program.

On another note. On my 763 it has the time that I contracted (Jan of 04) to when I went to OCS in May of 04 as "not creditable for pay purposes", but it does not say that for my time when I was an Officer Candidate, May 04-Oct 08.

yodaears

pilot
I think your PEBD should be when you first went to juniors, that's when mine is. I agree that the ADMIN shop is probably confusing the MCTAP and MCFAP. Have you brought that up with them? Also, if you can't get this fixed at TBS you can just try again at your next duty station. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't matter when this is fixed, if in fact it is a mistake. Keep in min that the marine corps (actually the govt in general) is extremely efficient when it comes to collecting money from you, but not so much when its the other way around. Don't get beaten down. Good luck.

usmcecho4

pilot
On a somewhat similar request, does anyone know when the EAS is changed to reflect the contract obligation after getting winged? Currently, I have a date of 11 Oct 2010 (three years after my TBS grad) and with a winging date of 28 Aug 09, my EAS should be around 28 Aug 2017. The reason I ask is that my mortgage broker needs proof that I am not getting out next year. Thanks.

All the EAS changes I did were done through the monitor. Sometimes the training command forgets to forward your winging info to the Marine monitor. I'd just get on the manpower website and shoot the company grade fixed wing monitor and email explaining your situation.

s/f,
usmcecho4

simple20

pilot
Think long and hard before you exercise this option, but a buddy of mine from TBS didn't get paid for 9mo. I don't know how the eff he survived, but 3-4mo into TBS after being told 'we're working on it' everyday he requested mast. That shit was fixed the same day. TBS CAC is terrible at getting things done. And next duty station is also a very good option. My admin shop now, besides having wait times that rival the DMV, is shit hot when it comes to getting stuff done. You'll get your back-pay either way.

edit - I just pulled my navmc, and my pebd is the day I reported to juniors, and it says not credible for pay purposes too.

timmilus84

I am here in P'Cola, been working with the admin shop for 2 months trying to get this done (subtract time for the Christmas leave block and such) and the SSgt at HQMC says that I am incorrect and my PEBD is correct. That is what they told the Cpl at CPAC. I explained to the Cpl what was probably going on in the SSgt's mind and she was calling back today (apparently took over a month of business days to get a call back from HQMC). I will have an update tomorrow. I am getting the feeling that I will need to contact the SSgt myself or request mast somehow. CPAC here is absolutely wonderful, just have to deal with the HQMC bureaucratic BS and misconceptions that people have about the PLC program. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the info.

Clux4

Banned
I am here in P'Cola, been working with the admin shop for 2 months trying to get this done (subtract time for the Christmas leave block and such) and the SSgt at HQMC says that I am incorrect and my PEBD is correct. That is what they told the Cpl at CPAC. I explained to the Cpl what was probably going on in the SSgt's mind and she was calling back today (apparently took over a month of business days to get a call back from HQMC). I will have an update tomorrow. I am getting the feeling that I will need to contact the SSgt myself or request mast somehow. CPAC here is absolutely wonderful, just have to deal with the HQMC bureaucratic BS and misconceptions that people have about the PLC program. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the info.

What section are your talking to at HQMC?