• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need a little help from the pro's

motocross736

Hey guys, Id like to take this time to say thank you for any help you may be able to give me. I am currently trying to get a flight contract in the platoon leaders class and I am just starting out and need some opinions because I have an odd case. I was discharged from the navy last year for having allergic reactions (hives) to no known cause. I had this problem while at NACCS in pensacola. I have never had a problem with this before or after. they gave me an RE-4 for the problem, no idea why. I have since had the RE-4 lifted so that I can get back into the service. Does anyone know if they ever give guys flight contracts with problems like that? To me it seems like a long shot and thats why I wanted to see if anyone here could give me some advice. besides that I have a perfect record in the military and as a civ. thank you for the help.

motocross736

Re-3g question

hey everyone, thanks for trying to help me with my question. I was discharged with an RE- 4 for having hives in pensacola for no known reason. today i got my letter back from the BCNR and it states that I now have an RE-3g. I have not had any problems in a long time ans my doc says it was from a bad pack of smokes. my question is does anyone know if this will stop me from being able to apply for PLC as a SNA?
thanks much for any help you can give.

motocross736

Can someone answer this?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get in as a pilot with an re-3g?I recieved it for an allergic reaction that lasted like 3 months but has never returned, also the reaction I had was hives.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if it is possible to get in as a pilot with an re-3g?I recieved it for an allergic reaction that lasted like 3 months but has never returned, also the reaction I had was hives.

I'm not sure we have enough info, but did you have a chance to Google your question?

motocross736

yes I did google it and cant find anything. my doc thinks It was from a bad pack of smoke and he has seen it before. I have a letter from him stating that the condition no longer exists and I am fit for military duty if that helps.

p.s thanks for the help. It is bad ass that you guys take time to help other people who are trying to get in.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I'm no expert, but just googling RE-4 basically says its not necessarily medically related.

motocross736

yes that was the only cause, im not here to lie and waste peoples time. why the fuck would i ask a question that doesnt answer what i need?

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
yes that was the only cause, im not here to lie and waste peoples time. why the fuck would i ask a question that doesnt answer what i need?

Not a bad point, although I could have thought of some more tactful ways to say that to someone who was trying to help me.

The reason no one has answered your question is because nobody knows the answer. This isn't the type of thing that we're going to know without looking it up, and you can do that yourself. Check the Wavier Guide, if your answer isn't there, have your OSO call the docs and ask. If you still can't get a good answer then you'll have to wait until you get an air contract so that they can put you through the waiver process. Request to have a flight physical sooner than later so you can get an answer to your question.

motocross736

i also dont mean to sound like a jerk but it just stupid when people talk crap or act like they know that your full of crap. i just wanted to know if anyone has seen someone with an RE-3g get a pilot slot.