• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need a little help from the pro's

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I've had an allergic reaction like 3 times with no known cause (twice before I was commissioned), each time requiring a steroid injection and medication to clear it up. Hives, swelling all over my body and no known trigger...even went and saw an allergenist(is that right?) and got the 70 shot packet. It's never been an issue from the NOMI stand point. I'm surprised the Navy rejected you because of it. I don't think I've ever had any special "classification" applied to me because of it either. Are you sure that's the ONLY reason you're having issues?

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
i also dont mean to sound like a jerk
Too late..that train just left the station.

While AW has some of Naval Aviation's most qualified folks on board, I definitely wouldn't take anything you read here and use it as definitive evidence that "it can be done".

Like the guys' said, there are so many variables that you really need to get with a Flight Surgeon and your OSO. Hell I got booted out of the Guard when I was 17 for "asthmatic symptoms", got a waiver, and went on to be a SEAL and a pilot, so there's more than likely a way around, you just have to be proactive enough to find it.

MR-

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
yes I did google it and cant find anything. my doc thinks It was from a bad pack of smoke and he has seen it before. I have a letter from him stating that the condition no longer exists and I am fit for military duty if that helps.

p.s thanks for the help. It is bad ass that you guys take time to help other people who are trying to get in.

The letter from your doc (saying the condition no longer exists) will make things easier for NOMI/NAMI to say yes. However, him saying you are 'fit for military duty' and USN docs saying that may be two different things.

Go to the top of this forum and look for the waiver guide. At the bottom of that page you will see a phone number for the 'Physical Qualifications' folks. Call them. They give good gouge.