• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Neat Field CQ Picture

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
Oh, and I was gonna be slightly annoyed too. Cause poor little aux-fieldless VT-35 gets booted the hell outa the NOG whenever the 45's show up.

There is nothing more annoying and potentially dangerous than an interloper when you're trying to do FCLP. FCLP at home-field is a nightmare, especially at night.

gyrene

Marine SNA
Oh god save us... 16 from Meridian, 31 from Kingsville. Tuesday will be a busy day at the boat.

i think only 20 from krock are heading out tuesday with the rest of us on thursday. not that there aren't going to be a bunch of jets going out tuesday still.
our jv squad of 11 jets on thursday may have a chance of completing in two days.

NavyLonghorn

Fly Navy said:
There is nothing more annoying and potentially dangerous than an interloper when you're trying to do FCLP. FCLP at home-field is a nightmare, especially at night.

Yeah, I know our 140 on downwind doesnt hack it. And Neither does out using 4,000 feet of runway on a touch and go.

Its just a pain, cause we end up having to fly 150 miles to the Valley just to get some bounces done.

gyrene

Marine SNA
NavyVance said:
Oh, and I was gonna be slightly annoyed too. Cause poor little aux-fieldless VT-35 gets booted the hell outa the NOG whenever the 45's show up.

and then you decide to come down to NQI and destroy our pattern there instead.
do you really not have aux field?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
Yeah, I know our 140 on downwind doesnt hack it. And Neither does out using 4,000 feet of runway on a touch and go.

That's faster than us on downwind... 130 at the fastest.

The danger comes from the fact that A) You're not supposed to talk when someone is on the ball B) You already have probably 6 jets in the pattern C) You guys would be on a totally different program, or "buffoonery" as we like to call it :) By "you", I mean any interloper, could be another T-45 doing non-FCLP stuff.

What's REAL fun is when you have 5-6 jets in the FCLP pattern, then a flight of 4 comes into the break and wants to do touch and go's. Makes the LSOs very angry and frustrates us beyond belief.

NavyLonghorn

T-34's get Waldren.
T-44's get Cabanis.
C-12's get nothing.

We go to CRP, and HRL mostly. Or home field.. but that freaking sucks.

We rarely bounce and NQI, although we do come gum up the GCA pattern sometimes.

Although, the GCA trainees there have lead to some interesting experiences.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
T-34's get Waldren.
T-44's get Cabanis.
C-12's get nothing.

We go to CRP, and HRL mostly. Or home field.. but that freaking sucks.

We rarely bounce and NQI, although we do come gum up the GCA pattern sometimes.

Although, the GCA trainees there have lead to some interesting experiences.

Why can't T-44s and C-12s share the love?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:

Its just a pain, cause we end up having to fly 150 miles to the Valley just to get some bounces done.
Even similar aircraft can be a pain when incompetently flown . . . I remember being yelled at for talking on the ball and being waved off for Long in the Groove when I was in FAMs. When I hit FCLPs I found out why . . .

Edit: Fly just beat me to it and hit it on the head. And inexperienced tower controllers can goon it up too, especially at night, calling your interval as one jet and turning you into another.

NavyLonghorn

Haha. I love my squadron and my plane. VT-35 and its leadership is incredible. Ive had so much fun and learned more then I thought possible. Im sad that Im done. Im gonna miss it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
beau said:
ah...102!!!...that jet has sticky a throttle that will not adjust.....sucks for him! one of our IP's took it away from one of our studs a couple of days ago....bless him!!!

We keep saying that we are going to talk to Mantainance about that one ...or write up a gripe...but they say its still with in limits...sooo...arm workout!!!

Had that one on a form checkride, I believe. What a pain. They need to work on 126 and it's control aug issues too. Rejected it on my initial solo and one of my buds had to abort a X/C for the same thing.

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
Fly Navy said:
Yeah, because when they test it, they JAM the throttle back and forth "Works fine!"

Sorry but I gotta stick up for the machanics here real quick. When we do an operational check of the power lever on any aircraft we 1) start-up/ground idle and check for normal indications, 2) increase the power lever 10% N2 up to MAX (Which ever designation is the core compressor, not the fan) and check for normal indications of FF, EGT, N1, and N2. Each each transition is checked for binding in b/w. I can only assume, however, that the power corrections required to the power lever while in the groove are minute (I heard somewhere in the range of centimeters of movement, but don't quote me on it). Anyways just showing some love for the guys that keep us in the air is all. Good mechanics do not just JAM power levers back and forth to check the op condition.

Good luck to everyone that is going to the boat tomorrow, 3 wires all around. Give em' hell and FLY NAVY!!! Hope to see yall in the fleet soon enough. HOOK-DOWN! :cool:

-Taz24th