• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Neat Field CQ Picture

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the wives took this picture during field CQ the other day. It's not me, I was in another jet, but the timing on this picture is amazing. Note the smoke at the wheels.

Attachments

• DSC_0022 small.JPG
    DSC_0022 small.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 695

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Hey fly navy, i was looking at your website and i saw a bunch of solo's for carrier qual practice. Am I reading that right and if so, do you just fly everyday practicing up to the point of going to the boat?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
Hey fly navy, i was looking at your website and i saw a bunch of solo's for carrier qual practice. Am I reading that right and if so, do you just fly everyday practicing up to the point of going to the boat?

Yeah you're reading it right. All CQ flights are solo. You do 3 sims, 1 EP sim, and 12 flights, 11 of which are at the field practicing your pattern and ball flying. They will give warmups as necessary to keep you in practice (for example, we're done at the field tomorrow, but Sunday and Monday we have warmups to keep us in practice for the Tuesday boat).

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
man o man, what i would do to be in your shoes right now

must be nice, very nice

i expect some good pics the day after

once again, good luck at the boat

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
One of the wives took this picture during field CQ the other day....
Huh?? Didn't know you had a "wife":icon_woma, Fly. :eek: :D :icon_rast

Oh, yeah ... NOG = NALF Alice Orange Grove. Wrong place, 'vance --- Meridian vs. South Texas.

*ooops* .... you boys already got it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha not my wife, I'm not married. It was the wife of a fellow stud. We had a "family day" for any spouses to come out and see the bounce period. They get to hang out in the LSO shack while we do our thing.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
So Fly, you will soon be able to replace your avatar with a similar pic you took yourself right?

Not a chance. I got more important things to worry about in the groove than taking a picture of the flight deck. I want to qualify, not die :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Haha not my wife, I'm not married. ....They get to hang out in the LSO shack while we do our thing.

Not married??? So then ... you're just a "kept" man ??? Just kidding .... :)

"We" used to invite the wives out to the LSO shack also -- tell them how weak their husbands were --- let the wives give 'em a "wave-off" :eek: on the radio ... great fun when the familiar female voice comes up and says:

"Honey, WAVE-OFF ... NO CHANCE!!" STUDs gaping down at the shack as they went by doing their wave-off --- some things just never change.:icon_rast

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
"We" used to invite the wives out to the LSO shack also -- tell them how weak their husbands were --- let the wives give 'em a "wave-off" :eek: on the radio ... great fun when the familiar female voice comes up and says:

"Honey, WAVE-OFF ... NO CHANCE!!" STUDs gaping down at the shack as they went by doing their wave-off --- some things just never change.:icon_rast

Oh. My. God. That's cruel... yet so funny. None of them called a wave-off, not sure if any of them pickled their husbands for a TWO.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
Are there any rules againse duct taping a video camera to the top of the control panel, dash, whatever you guys call it, or next to the HUD?

Yes. Not a bright idea. If it doesn't become a projectile on a trap or cat, someone will see it there.