• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs Ohio State

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
As an Ohio State alumnus, and Ensign-select for the Navy Reserve, I'm going to try to be unbiased. Yes, it's true that Ohio State most likely has better players, more skill, better coaching and all the rest, not to mention the 105,000 fans that attend every game. Navy has got that powerhouse rushing game and they're disciplined and can be deadly at times. I think both teams will be ready but OSU will pull it out in the end.

Now in regards to the "Because I couldn't go for three" scenario against Michigan. As much as I LOVED how Ohio State beat Michigan 50-14 that year (1968), a clarification is needed. I know the old joke is "because I couldn't go for 3" but Ohio State actually went for 2 because Woody didn't realize his offense was still on the field. By the time he noticed, it was too late, and the Buckeyes already punched it in. (Source - "War As They Knew It: Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and American in a Time of Unrest")

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
This reminds me of a friend of mine. He's from Ohio but he went to Navy yet he plans on cheering for Ohio in this game.... Seriously not going for your alma mater, that's just wrong.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
This reminds me of a friend of mine. He's from Ohio but he went to Navy yet he plans on cheering for Ohio in this game.... Seriously not going for your alma mater, that's just wrong.

Agreed. If Navy ever played Texas, I would still cheer for Navy, even though it would be a blowout.

I still think you guys are giving Navy too much credit. Squorch is right, its going to be a replay of the 2001 GT game. It comes down to two things - size and speed. Ohio State has lots of both, Navy doesnt. We may score a couple of times, but once the Buckeye defense figures the option out, our offense will be finished. And the Navy defense wont ever be able to hang with Ohio State. I want Navy to win as much as anyone, but its not going to happen.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks

I agree! I think you have to go with your alma mater. Now, even though I'm not an Annapolis graduate, I still get tickets to the Army/Navy game every year and am a big Navy supporter! Also heading to that bowl game on Dec 20th, in which Navy is supposed to be. :)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check again, we already accepted the invite as soon as we hit six wins. Anyone interested in joining our tailgate? PM for details, maybe we can have an AW get together. And heck, maybe we won't pull out a win against OSU, but that game will be a blast regardless.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Notre Dame 2007 edition was the worst CFB in the history of time. Thanks, Charlie!

phrogpilot73

Notre Dame 2007 edition was the worst CFB in the history of time. Thanks, Charlie!
2008 wasn't much better. Does ND know how to defend an onside kick? Or did the figure they already had it in the bag? My guess is the latter - and Lou Holtz said the same thing...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
...The Horror...

People keep poking fun at that game, and while a huge upset, Appalachian State would have wiped the floor with Notre Dame last year. I know there are a couple of Boone, NC residents on the forum that will back up my claim.

That game was the truest example of your "That's why they play the games..."

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
2008 wasn't much better. Does ND know how to defend an onside kick? Or did the figure they already had it in the bag? My guess is the latter - and Lou Holtz said the same thing...

Even though we lost, oh man, what an epic comeback this year. Weiss looked like he was crapping his pants.

Plus... we got their cute cheerleaders to come over to us several times... and they definitely were intentionally doing "moves" to show up their skirt and then hold it... and everytime they did, all the Mids able to see them would cheer wildly.

Good times. :)

BDCPCowboy

People keep poking fun at that game, and while a huge upset, Appalachian State would have wiped the floor with Notre Dame last year.

That game was the truest example of your "That's why they play the games..."

Appalachian State was roiding out could have picked off a few teams ....but the only one they did

Hindsight is always in 20/20

All aside this should make you smile Junk I pulled it off the football thread

Back to Navy Football :yawn_125:

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
How did Notre Dame become a relevant discussion after this season. *Yawn*.

Good luck winning the Texas Bowl... or the Motor City Bowl, etc... I kinda hope for your sake you just refuse to accept the bid and take no game this year.

Oh and back to the original topic... We blew out the speakers in my backyard bar last year when Navy beat ND... but I'm not gonna pre-purchase new ones for the OSU game. 52-3 if Navy is lucky.

Don't read this as love for OSU... I hate Ohio State with a passion, I just live in the real world.