• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy to Marines transfer

gb21

How are you all doing?
I was commissioned in sept from OCS up in Newport and was npqed from flight school the day before graduation because of anthro measurements ( not only did this sucked because I always wanted to be an aviator, but also because I was in bdcp for two years and it took nami until the day before graduation to tell me I was disqualified). The navy is alright but now more than ever, I really want to be an infantry officer or serve in some other ground forces that the Marines provide. This desire to switch over also derives from how impressed I am by the way they carry themselves. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me some insight about the process of switching over at this point? Also if anyone can give me any contact info from someone inside the recruiting command that would be greatly appreciated also (the recruiter I called did not seem very knowledgable about the steps it takes to accomplish this goal in my current circumstances). I already know i have to complete TBS, but if it comes down to it, I am more than willing to go through Marine OCS as well.

Happy veterans day to you all!

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
A fellow Team guy back in 2002 was almost complete at the HTs and was granted a transfer to the Corps, now he's an AV-8B IP at Cherry Point. I do remember he didn't enjoy TBS much though .

Erin M.

pilot
A fellow Team guy back in 2002 was almost complete at the HTs and was granted a transfer to the Corps, now he's an AV-8B IP at Cherry Point. I do remember he didn't enjoy TBS much though .

I don't think anyone does. Especially now that you hump everywhere because trucks are not "expeditionary."

Erin M.

pilot
That was how I felt about it sir, but ultimately I believe it accomplished the CO's intent. He wanted the Lts coming out of TBS to be tougher; and humping everywhere is an effective way of doing that. Although, it made for some awful times during FEXs.

81montedriver

pilot
That was how I felt about it sir, but ultimately I believe it accomplished the CO's intent. He wanted the Lts coming out of TBS to be tougher; and humping everywhere is an effective way of doing that. Although, it made for some awful times during FEXs.

::Threadjack:: Have injuries gone up since the TBS CO has implemented that new policy?

Erin M.

pilot
::Threadjack:: Have injuries gone up since the TBS CO has implemented that new policy?

I'm not sure how it was before, but we had more than a handful of injuries. By the time we had the 8 day war, there was a broken ankle, broken elbow, several guys with stress fractures, bruised ribs, and that was just my platoon. The company didn't fare much better.