• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy to Marines transfer

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
I'm a Navy SNA in primary wanting to transfer to the Marines. Does anyone know if this is allowed, and if so, what the process is? I've talked to a few officers but they didn't know much about this.

pilotvmi

When I was in the primary pool at whiting the tw-5 stucon officer actively tried to get a lot of us navy guys to switch to the marines. This was Feb 05 and I have since gone onto advaced(still navy). So I would talk to those guys, they should have plenty of information.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Are you looking for the paperwork process or what training you will have to do?

For the latter, you will need to go to TBS after your flight training before reaching the fleet...

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Check out MCO P1100.73 for details. I have a sample package of a Navy-Marines intraservice transfer on PDF that I can email you, just shoot me a PM with the address. I also have contact info for a Maj at HQMC who is a wealth of knowledge on such transfers. His info is on my NMCI account, I'd be glad to forward it to you on Tuesday.

Rgds/
Paul

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Wehn I was in Primary (finished in July) they were still taking Navy to Marine transfers. Just keep in mind that AFTER advanced you will be going to TBS as a winged officer. Also, you will be subject to the Marine Corps regs with regard to min NSS and things like that. For example ... in Primary we (Marines) had a min NSS that was 5 points higher than the Navy. Not really a big deal but info to be aware of. Also, if you attrite .. you will still be a Marine and will still go to TBS and be assigned a Ground MOS upon graduation.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Wehn I was in Primary (finished in July) they were still taking Navy to Marine transfers. Just keep in mind that AFTER advanced you will be going to TBS as a winged officer. Also, you will be subject to the Marine Corps regs with regard to min NSS and things like that. For example ... in Primary we (Marines) had a min NSS that was 5 points higher than the Navy. Not really a big deal but info to be aware of. Also, if you attrite .. you will still be a Marine and will still go to TBS and be assigned a Ground MOS upon graduation.

Good advice...oh and they are STILL currently doing lat moves to the Marine Corps...just for an update, but concurr on everything here...

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
My roomate who is an SNA in a pool has been trying to transfer to the MC and the answer he has been getting is that the navy currently needs all of its fiscal year 05 aviators so there is pretty much zero chance for the x-fer. But it never hurts to try, if it works message me so i can tell my roomate how you did it.

VAmookie

is it hard if youre not in the air pipeline? i've got a friend who is currently in navy reserve and wants to transfer to Marine active, and thoughts?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
is it hard if youre not in the air pipeline? i've got a friend who is currently in navy reserve and wants to transfer to Marine active, and thoughts?

Other than the air pipeline I don't know of any cases that have actually done it...I mean sure it might be possible but you might have him talk to an OSO about it...

wigs_34

you mind if i ask why you are looking to transfer? different platform options, different mission opportunities or you just want to be a Marine?