• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy thinning SNA ranks due to overstaffing in student pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingnut1

Peace out!
Well, I can confirm from a guy I work with who has a cousin who works at NAWCAD who has a brother-in-law who works at NAVAIR HQ whose wife works at PSD who talks regularly with her counterpart at NAVPERS who heard from their sister at OPNAV N1 who received an e-mail from the personnel office at NETC that they are thinking about possibly looking into the potential cutting of students. . . But that might just be scuttlebutt.
Let us know what they say.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're just trying to start a rumor my guy. Either that or you're spreading one.
That's not the word going around the student pool in Pensacola.
I'll take "Things On AWs That Have Not Changed Since Today's A-Poolers Were In Diapers" for $500.

Next thing you know, wintersibs or CollegeGuy are going to return from the metaphorical grave . . .

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
That's not the word going around the student pool in Pensacola.

I'm not trying to spread one just wondering if anyone can confirm what's being heard in the student pool. Yeah I realize we'll know for sure if they put out the official word.

Hope you're right! BTW I never said dropping students randomly.

Sorry you saw it that way, I'm not starting the rumor it's already out there. I was just reaching out to this community to see if any one with some horsepower could put it to rest or reach out to someone who could instead of shooting the messenger.

So you're not trying to spread a rumor... but you're spreading a rumor.

If only there were some officers in your chain of command that could not only answer this question that you have, but are paid to do so.

Unless, of course, that you don't trust them. In that case, I'd totally recommend not trusting your instructors in flight school. It's completely true that they have it out for you and that they don't want you to succeed, even though they're in a production billet and their continued service in the military depends on how many pilots they produce during their tenure....

Status
Not open for further replies.