• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Supply Corps ODS???

snizo

Supply Officer
I'm working with a guy who left BUPERS (supply) about 2 wks ago - he's never heard of this. I'd think they would be among the first to know.

I don't put much stock in this. What would be the purpose?

srqwho

pilot
I'm not sure if this is a backwards way of thinking, but the suck at OCS, compared to ODS, definitely makes the ENS feel a little more accomplished if he/she went through OCS. In talking to supply guys at OCS they all were in agreement that although they all agreed that OCS is a kick in the nuts, they wouldn't have done it any differently. I remember marching back from class one day as an ODS class was 'walking' by and they were all up in laughs at the cadence (or something) their section leader was calling. The first (and last) time our DI caught one guy laughing he made us all take everything out of our war locker and shove all our gear into one candidate's room (mine)... the aftermath was a 5 foot wall of khakis, anchors, shoes, linens, etc... oh, and this was pre-RLP. It took us 3 days to get it sorted out. So, while ODS is easier and much shorter, there is a bit more pride attached to graduating OCS. If for some reason you go in and you have to go to OCS don't be too pissed... you'll be glad you did as you're heading in candio.