• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Why wait? I just want my sailors to live. Studies show that stopping them from riding motorcycles greatly increases their chances of doing so. PPE and classes aren’t 100% effective. Stopping them from riding motorcycles is. Why should I have to subsidize their medical insurance costs since they’re so much more likely to get hurt in an accident than I am in my car? Why take the risk of losing them at an in opportune time in the workup cycle because they put down their bike? Their job is at their duty station or work center - NOT at the hospital. I’m surprised you disagree on this. This would make our force more deadly, more effective, and more READY - just like the vaccine mandate.
Thank you for looking out for our readiness

taxi1

pilot
MRNa gene therapy and MRNA tech, along with the lipid coating, has been in development for over 20 years. This is the first instance of using them for a vaccine.
They've been tested on two other diseases on humans. No full rollout until now.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
First, it was because it was not FDA approved... Then it was because it was derived from fetal cell lines... Now it's something else...

I'm sure some numbnuts is going to try the conscientious objector route after their religious exemption request is denied.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Stupid, of course.

Fear of the vaccine over the virus itself is as rational as fear of commercial flying over driving the same distance.

Giving up your freedoms for a mandate from a politician who has to been seen as proactive is also stupid, and irrational. (LGB!)

Overreacting is stupid and irrational.

Letting others make decisions about your health and life while because you refuse to accept the concept of personal responsibility is stupid and irrational.

Not understanding that no one here is anti-vaccine but rather anti-mandate, pro making their our medical/health decisions, pro freedom, and pro personal responsibility is beyond stupid.

But then again, you did have not one but two command tours to home your institutionalize stupidity.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Fear of the vaccine over the virus itself is as rational as fear of commercial flying over driving the same distance.
As with anything, “it depends.”

Your actual analogy would be “Flying an experimental airplane for the rest of your life, when the airplane is brand new and there is no long term data. Versus, driving for as long as you want, and at any point later you can fly in the experimental airplane…” because you can always get a mRNA shot later, but you cannot un-get the mRNA shot.

taxi1

pilot
Your actual analogy would be “Flying an experimental airplane for the rest of your life, when the airplane is brand new and there is no long term data.
The mRNA shots have been given to over a billion people. Half the planet has now received at least one vaccine shot (not all mRNA). The virus has infected probably that many. We have really good statistics on both now, enough to make informed decisions.

Not understanding that no one here is anti-vaccine but rather anti-mandate...
I'm kind of ambivalent on the mandate in a lot of places. It stems mostly from scared people making irrational, poorly informed or misinformed risk decisions regarding vaccine -vs- virus. But I know lots of people afraid to get on airliner too, even though driving the same distance is far riskier. I feel for both groups.

Mirage

pilot
The mRNA shots have been given to over a billion people. Half the planet has now received at least one vaccine shot (not all mRNA). The virus has infected probably that many. We have really good statistics on both now, enough to make informed decisions.

I'm kind of ambivalent on the mandate in a lot of places. It stems mostly from scared people making irrational, poorly informed or misinformed risk decisions regarding vaccine -vs- virus. But I know lots of people afraid to get on airliner too, even though driving the same distance is far riskier. I feel for both groups.
Perhaps we should ban long distance driving and institute a government mandate that trips over a certain distance must be in a plane?

Here's the part where you say that driving doesn't affect other people but not getting the vax does, and I reply pointing out that you're just as likely as an unvaccinated person to transmit covid after a few months, which most Americans are beyond now. So it's boosters forever, which dramatically changes the risk/reward calculus for the shot vs not.

Forcing people to do something that doesn't affect anyone else is anti-American and goes against everything in my bones and everything I've served for. Thought that was so much more of a shared feeling in America than it apparently is. So sad to see.

Perhaps we should ban long distance driving and institute a government mandate that trips over a certain distance must be in a plane?

Here's the part where you say that driving doesn't affect other people but not getting the vax does, and I reply pointing out that you're just as likely as an unvaccinated person to transmit covid after a few months, which most Americans are beyond now. So it's boosters forever, which dramatically changes the risk/reward calculus for the shot vs not.

Forcing people to do something that doesn't affect anyone else is anti-American and goes against everything in my bones and everything I've served for. Thought that was so much more of a shared feeling in America than it apparently is. So sad to see.
You’ve already been “forced” to have several other vaccines. You’re already “forced” to wear the prescribed uniform.

Can you (and other folks who don’t like the vax/mandate) tell us what evidence would be sufficient to convince you?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
You’ve already been “forced” to have several other vaccines. You’re already “forced” to wear the prescribed uniform.

Those were known requirements when you joined the military. So you had a choice to not join if you didn’t want to comply. The COVID vaccine wasn’t.

If it’s an employer mandate, then they have a choice to leave their jobs.

Don’t want to vaccinate your kid? You have the choice of home schooling.

Government mandates for civilians are imposed without a choice to those effected. The government is interfering with people lives and businesses. Big difference.

Too say nothing about loss of freedom and rights.