• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS

jacks

Unless you are going to an Oxford equivalent... Good luck getting that certified equivalent.

Going through this ass pain right now with a Engineer that works for me that went to Edinburgh

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
Might be a pain in the ass but the question is, is it working? Hmm I could go to Trinity College in Dublin, thats a really good school!

MasterBates

As of now.. Not working. I have an engineer I can't use as a result. Good thing he can drive a truck. His mom is Scottish, he went to school there, but his degree is so far worthless here. Can he get a job designing widgets? Yes. Can I use him to pass a hydro test? No. Due to legal reasons. The same reasons that will very likely keep the Navy from considering your degree US 4-year equivalent.

You want to be a Navy pilot? Go to a US school. How hard is that?

Also, I concur with NavyOffRec's assessment.

MasterBates

Don't worry about the GF, you are 17, odds are many will come and go between now and when you graduate college, or given the percent of people staying together forever from the age of 17 there should be more girls.

THIS..

Making plans that could EASILY screw your chances of doing what you want, based on a High School girlfriend? Dumb.

The odds of you being with HS GF when you are 40 are about the same as picking a 3 month slot when you will graduate OCS (if accepted), then successfully picking your Primary, Advanced, RAG, Fleet and Shore tour squadron/units by picking units (in a possible sequence) out of the possible and then actually going in that sequence. It's like trying to pick the NCAA March Madness bracket and at least getting the final four right along with picking ALL the losers correctly.

I'd not base my career decisions off of odds like that, especially when it is things you CAN control.

jacks

famous last words.
Well I'll be sure to post a public apology and admit how stupid I was if I get dumped... stay tuned! xD

As of now.. Not working. I have an engineer I can't use as a result. Good thing he can drive a truck. His mom is Scottish, he went to school there, but his degree is so far worthless here. Can he get a job designing widgets? Yes. Can I use him to pass a hydro test? No. Due to legal reasons. The same reasons that will very likely keep the Navy from considering your degree US 4-year equivalent.

You want to be a Navy pilot? Go to a US school. How hard is that?

Also, I concur with NavyOffRec's assessment.
I can forsee one additional problem, I'm dirt poor and can't afford to go to college at home, it's free here!

MasterBates

I was dirt poor. As in was homeless at one point in HS poor.

I went to college. It can be done if you are "poor".

exNavyOffRec

Well I'll be sure to post a public apology and admit how stupid I was if I get dumped... stay tuned! xD

I can forsee one additional problem, I'm dirt poor and can't afford to go to college at home, it's free here!

I worked with a LT, what she went through to get to be a LT? She was knocked up at 15, kid and married at 16, divorced about 17 from her abusive husband, rec'd her GED, started going to CC, then started at 4 year college, picked up NUPOC, graduated with degree in BS Math and did this all while raising her son, if she can overcome what she went through you can overcome being dirt poor.

and for those that are wondering, she was decent looking, blonde hair and blue eyes, she could have had bigger boobs though.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
But regardless the Girlfriend is here to stay, and the fact I have one shouldn't hinder me from serving my country.
She won't hinder you - if you want to be enlisted and not an officer. If you want to be an officer, you have to do it the Navy's way.

Just because you think it is a good school, it doesn't mean the U.S. Navy thinks it is a good school. You can take your chances but most likely when the time comes you'll get a "thanks for applying but your degree doesn't mean jack shit to us" letter.

You need to remember - you are looking to be a Navy officer, the Navy is not looking for you to be a Navy officer.

And at your age, you are an idiot if you let a girlfriend determine the direction your life is going to take. You do not have the life experience or maturity to say "the Girlfriend is here to stay". If you think you do, you don't have the intelligence or maturity to make it as an officer. You probably don't like or want to hear this, but that is the cold hard facts.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You probably don't like or want to hear this, but that is the cold hard facts.

Looks like a lot of wasted typing here, as HAL noted, this young [poor] wannabee isn't getting the answers/advice he wants to hear... sooo, it's getting to be a simple waste of time. His, and more importantly ...OURS!:rolleyes:
BzB

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Jacks,

I have an ex who went to graduate school in Moscow. Guess what American employers, private and public, thought of it? They thought it wasn't worth the paper her degree was printed on, that's what.

If you want to be employed in America, you need to attend a school that is accredited in America. Otherwise, you are throwing away cash by attending college in Ireland. If your goal is to be employed in Ireland, then godspeed, but the USN (and most gainful employment equivelant to your level of education in the U.S.) is not in your future.