• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS PRT Questions

zschaub1

I have yet to receive a ship out date but elected to take and confirm my results for the Physical Fitness Assessment. I am sitting at a 13:00 minute 1.5 mile run, 42 pushups, and 1:30 forearm planks. I was told by my recruiter and DEPS Officer to aim towards the minimums for this initial assessment. I am aware I need to pass a PRT upon arriving at OCS but I am concerned with my current stats. My pushups have increased considerably and my forearm planks were never a problem prior to my assessment. I am currently sitting at 55 pushups and 2:05 forearm planks but my run time is concerning.
My questions are, how exactly is the PRT measured? Are there minimums in each category I must reach or are my scores averaged? For example if I exceed in pushups and planks could I afford to have a low run time?
I understand aiming for the minimums is unacceptable and I know I must do better. I am asking to know what to expect so I can more accurately train in my short time I have left prior to OCS.
Thank you for any answers or advice.

Prin

I have yet to receive a ship out date but elected to take and confirm my results for the Physical Fitness Assessment. I am sitting at a 13:00 minute 1.5 mile run, 42 pushups, and 1:30 forearm planks. I was told by my recruiter and DEPS Officer to aim towards the minimums for this initial assessment. I am aware I need to pass a PRT upon arriving at OCS but I am concerned with my current stats. My pushups have increased considerably and my forearm planks were never a problem prior to my assessment. I am currently sitting at 55 pushups and 2:05 forearm planks but my run time is concerning.
My questions are, how exactly is the PRT measured? Are there minimums in each category I must reach or are my scores averaged? For example if I exceed in pushups and planks could I afford to have a low run time?
I understand aiming for the minimums is unacceptable and I know I must do better. I am asking to know what to expect so I can more accurately train in my short time I have left prior to OCS.
SAT med must be meet in all categories to pass the first one, then SAT high then Good low. You must meet the standards for all exercises. If you have any questions about OCS i just graduated a few weeks ago just shot me a message

zschaub1

Thank you for replying and congratulations on your graduation. In order to graduate OCS will I be tested just on pushups, planks, and run time? Or are other exercises included? Such as swimming and curlups?

Prin

Thank you for replying and congratulations on your graduation. In order to graduate OCS will I be tested just on pushups, planks, and run time? Or are other exercises included? Such as swimming and curlups?
Thank you! as far as PRT you will only be tested on those three things. but through the first three weeks you will have rollable physical evolutions that will utilize any exercise the instructors want. Like diamond push-ups, V-ups, burpees, core etc. Just come in the best shape you can.

Prin

You have to be tested before you go to OCS? I’m still waiting to be seen by a board but just curious
it’s based off your recruiting command. if the people in my class most did a prt before coming but around 20 didn’t do anything prior to coming

BOMR822

First Friday, Sucky Saturday, Fast Cruise and RLP are also rollable events you have to pass to continue, they will incorporate exercises introduced in earlier stages and in the sand pits. Both Fast Cruise and RLP especially involve more "personal" interactions with a RDC or a DI than group PT. Don't aim for the minimum scores, try to do your best to improve each day and you will make it though. Sandbaggers get a lot of unnecessary attention and with that, potential demerits, so always push through it.

Prin

“personal” is a great way to put it haha
First Friday, Sucky Saturday, Fast Cruise and RLP are also rollable events you have to pass to continue, they will incorporate exercises introduced in earlier stages and in the sand pits. Both Fast Cruise and RLP especially involve more "personal" interactions with a RDC or a DI than group PT. Don't aim for the minimum scores, try to do your best to improve each day and you will make it though. Sandbaggers get a lot of unnecessary attention and with that, potential demerits, so always push through it.

zschaub1

You have to be tested before you go to OCS? I’m still waiting to be seen by a board but just curious

Yes. It's very informal. My recruiter and DEPs Officer facilitated it. Must meet Satisfactory Medium in all categories to shipout.

zschaub1

Thank you for the information.

virginia26morr

How often are you running?

GodSpeed1997

SAT med must be meet in all categories to pass the first one, then SAT high then Good low. You must meet the standards for all exercises. If you have any questions about OCS i just graduated a few weeks ago just shot me a message
Hey man congrats on graduating! Was curious on what days of the week we run and at what pace? Is it a group run and what’s the longest distance? Thanks in advance.