• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS PRT Questions

Prin

None
Hey man congrats on graduating! Was curious on what days of the week we run and at what pace? Is it a group run and what’s the longest distance? Thanks in advance.
we usually have 3 runs per week. 1 is usually around 3 miles where you are split into 3 groups that are fast, medium and slow. No one divides you and you just join a group. Be smart and don’t slack off if you should obviously be in a faster group. The rest of the week you’ll have a train run or some sort of track workout. You never run more than 10 miles per week and more than 3 miles at a time. People fall off the group all the time as well so don’t worry about that.

GodSpeed1997

we usually have 3 runs per week. 1 is usually around 3 miles where you are split into 3 groups that are fast, medium and slow. No one divides you and you just join a group. Be smart and don’t slack off if you should obviously be in a faster group. The rest of the week you’ll have a train run or some sort of track workout. You never run more than 10 miles per week and more than 3 miles at a time. People fall off the group all the time as well so don’t worry about that.
Appreciate the info. For the PRT how long is the break between push-ups, planks and then the 1.5 mile run? I’m currently training and memorizing appendix bravo as much as I can till my OCS class date (17Oct)

Prin

None
Appreciate the info. For the PRT how long is the break between push-ups, planks and then the 1.5 mile run? I’m currently training and memorizing appendix bravo as much as I can till my OCS class date (17Oct)
You get the time it takes for the other group to perform the exercise. So like 2 minutes or so between each

zschaub1

Do you knowingly choose which group? Do they tell you which group is the slow and which is the fast?

Navy2050

Thank you! as far as PRT you will only be tested on those three things. but through the first three weeks you will have rollable physical evolutions that will utilize any exercise the instructors want. Like diamond push-ups, V-ups, burpees, core etc. Just come in the best shape you can.
For the physical exercises during the first 3 weeks, what exactly would cause someone to get rolled? Just because they are not trying hard enough? Or they just simply can't keep up?

BOMR822

pilot
For the physical exercises during the first 3 weeks, what exactly would cause someone to get rolled? Just because they are not trying hard enough? Or they just simply can't keep up?
A little from column A, a little from column B. Just push your hardest, don't stand out or give them any reason to dislike you, and come physically prepared enough to pass the tests and you should be just fine.

SAT med must be meet in all categories to pass the first one, then SAT high then Good low. You must meet the standards for all exercises. If you have any questions about OCS i just graduated a few weeks ago just shot me a message

So is Good Low all you need to graduate? That seems very low. I was going off this article that says we need Excellent Low to graduate but it's 11 years old so it might be out of date.

RhodesReese

From the 2020 OCR

455. Physical Fitness Assessment/Physical Readiness Test (PFA/PRT) Requirements

a. The Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) is divided into two portions

(1) Body Composition Analysis (BCA). Candidates must be within DOD standards upon arrival to OCS. Candidates failing these standards will roll to RHC or be immediately processed for separation. Candidates must be within their Navy graduated standard by the In-PRT or they will roll to the next junior class and be subject to PRB.

(2) Physical Readiness Test (PRT). The PRT consists of curl-ups, push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run. The minimum passing score must be achieved on all three events to pass the PRT.

b. Tests

(1) Initial Strength Test (IST). Conducted during candidate check-in week. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM.

(2) In-PRT. Conducted during week 4. The minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY HIGH.

(3) Mid-PFA. Conducted during week 8. The minimum passing score is GOOD LOW.

(4) Out-PFA. Conducted during weeks 11-13. Minimum passing score is SATISFACTORY MEDIUM. The Out-PFA is the official PFA that will be recorded in the

Navy's Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRIMS). A candidate must pass the Out-PFA in order to graduate. In rare circumstances, the DOCS may authorize the Mid-PFA score to be recorded in PRIMS if a candidate is unable to participate in the Out-PFA to participate in the Out-PFA

kahkakike

I have yet to receive a ship out date but elected to take and confirm my results for the Physical Fitness Assessment. I am sitting at a 13:00 minute 1.5 mile run, 42 pushups, and 1:30 forearm planks. I was told by my recruiter and DEPS Officer to aim towards the minimums for this initial assessment. I am aware I need to pass a PRT upon arriving at OCS but I am concerned with my current stats. My pushups have increased considerably and my forearm planks were never a problem prior to my assessment. I am currently sitting at 55 pushups and 2:05 forearm planks but my run time is concerning.
My questions are, how exactly is the PRT measured? Are there minimums in each category I must reach or are my scores averaged? For example if I exceed in pushups and planks could I afford to have a low run time?
I understand aiming for the minimums is unacceptable and I know I must do better. I am asking to know what to expect so I can more accurately train in my short time I have left prior to OCS.
Thank you for any answers or advice.
Hi, I am new here. I am sorry but can I ask what is DEPS Officer? is that the DEP like delayed entry program?