• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Chow Hall

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems to have changed a bit, but still appears miserable.

Mea Culpa if it's a repost.

Sounds like a new class is being indoc'd in the background..

frealis

Wonder why the person in the front on the left has no food on her plate. I guess you have to pretend to eat if you're not hungry?

LET73

That looks so much more civilized than it was in Pensacola. It was a lot different when the candidates didn't have to share a chow hall with everyone else.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Discipline! D-i-s-c-i-p-l-i-n-e! The instant, willing, obedience to orders, respect for authority, and self reliance...freeze, candidate, freeze!

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
That looks miserable. I love eating, and that is certainly no way to enjoy a meal. It is what it is, I guess.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Meh, once you get used to eating by the numbers, you can pretty much put your body on cruise control, zone out, and eat an entire meal while literally thinking about absolutely anything else. I sit there and eat unconsciously while going over gouge in my head and thinking about my friends and girlfriend and whatnot.

*shrugs* The hardest part about chow hall is listening to ODS jack up "column of files from the right" 5 times in a row (there's an open scullery to the port, a CLOSED scullery to the starboard, and this ODS'er kept calling files to the right over and over the other day..).

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Meh, once you get used to eating by the numbers, you can pretty much put your body on cruise control, zone out, and eat an entire meal while literally thinking about absolutely anything else. I sit there and eat unconsciously while going over gouge in my head and thinking about my friends and girlfriend and whatnot.

*shrugs* The hardest part about chow hall is listening to ODS jack up "column of files from the right" 5 times in a row (there's an open scullery to the port, a CLOSED scullery to the starboard, and this ODS'er kept calling files to the right over and over the other day..).

I noticed that too. I think I've gotten so used to the war spoon that I will continue to eat like that after OCS.

On second thought, maybe not...

LET73

I noticed that too. I think I've gotten so used to the war spoon that I will continue to eat like that after OCS.

On second thought, maybe not...

It's a pretty sweet party trick, though. How many people do you know who can eat ribs with a war spoon?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor

You're currently at OCS? Careful what you post, your DIs like to read the internet too. In fact, I would say don't post anything at all. Many OCs have been beat for internet posts...even ones their class had nothing to do with.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
This is us on our grad run and our "simulated" Rose Garden beating the morning of graduation. From the same guy who posted the chow hall procedures on Youtube. You hopefuls out there, this is sooo not how it usually goes. I think I was actually smiling during this "beating".

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
WRT OCS, I sure hope they don't. This rumor I've been hearing about the Marines getting scaled back is a terrible idea.

No shit, I will always remember my class team... especially my DI. You're supposed to never forget your DI. Removing them or "watering them down" is like saying they are thinking about making the NFL flag football.