• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Now Taking High School Dropouts

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The armed forces should be the nation’s top “second chance” organization to elevate people like these to a better future. The additional training that may or may not be required is pocket change compared to the long-term pay out.
As someone who checked the boxes of fat, arrested, and college-dropout before enlisting, I can't like your post enough.

1000012542.gif

This is also why I don't understand the reduction in STA-21 opportunity over the last 15ish years. Some bean counter decided we priors weren't staying in long enough I guess (low ROI), but it always seemed to me that we had way more buy-in than the average USNA/ROTC grad.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As someone who checked the boxes of fat, arrested, and college-dropout before enlisting, I can't like your post enough.

View attachment 39807

This is also why I don't understand the reduction in STA-21 opportunity over the last 15ish years. Some bean counter decided we priors weren't staying in long enough I guess (low ROI), but it always seemed to me that we had way more buy-in than the average USNA/ROTC grad.
I haven't counted the numbers of selectees recently... it was 50/year for legacy STA... but I have been counting the number of non-nuke program selectees for other URLs and that has consistently been in the single digits. That program lost its way ever since PERS decided to use it as a way to source the nuke pipeline. I tell Sailors interested in aviation not to bother w/ STA-21 and pursue OCS, even if it means a break in service to finish college.

IRfly

None
The armed forces should be the nation’s top “second chance” organization to elevate people like these to a better future. The additional training that may or may not be required is pocket change compared to the long-term pay out.

d9d44631-9155-4ab9-84c7-ba508d54008e_text.gif

hscs

pilot
We goose egged in the win column on STA21 this year. I’m scratching my head.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
My recruiter had me put the time in for a GED and I had to check in with him on progress before he would submit my package.
If I had to stay in the environment I was in life would have different for me in a negative way.