• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Missile Cruiser Runs Aground Near Honolulu

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So would it be tacky to go over to Sailor Bob and announce an opening for an O6 billet? :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Dang!!!! never let an ADM take the wheel :icon_smil

Or pull an ejection lanyard!
01.jpg

In November 2002, while training in Nevada, VF-213, an F-14D squadron, was tasked with giving a Familiarization Flight to an officer, from one of the Aegis Class Cruisers. Apparently this individual's harness straps were not properly adjusted. While pushing negative Gs he began to float out of the ejection seat. In order to readjust his position he reached down and grabbed that little yellow and black stripped handle. Bang! The next thing he knew he was no longer in the Tomcat. He landed with minor injuries, was rescued and the Tomcat was recovered safely at NAS Fallon (defineatly a very breezy and noisy ride back). Unknown if it will ever fly again. Damage is listed as Class A. Please not that the Modex on this jet is 101. I bet the squadron commander was NOT happy with the condition his personal jet was returned in.
Freakin SWOs!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Or pull an ejection lanyard!
01.jpg

In November 2002, while training in Nevada, VF-213, an F-14D squadron, was tasked with giving a Familiarization Flight to an officer, from one of the Aegis Class Cruisers. Apparently this individual's harness straps were not properly adjusted. While pushing negative Gs he began to float out of the ejection seat. In order to readjust his position he reached down and grabbed that little yellow and black stripped handle. Bang! The next thing he knew he was no longer in the Tomcat. He landed with minor injuries, was rescued and the Tomcat was recovered safely at NAS Fallon (defineatly a very breezy and noisy ride back). Unknown if it will ever fly again. Damage is listed as Class A. Please not that the Modex on this jet is 101. I bet the squadron commander was NOT happy with the condition his personal jet was returned in.
Freakin SWOs!

I'd say it's a safe bet that as of now, it will never fly again.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^Yeah..I was lazy and cut and pasted...

your avatar just made me dry heave BTW!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cruiser aground??? Don't wait for an investigation.

Fire the CO immediately...this is a zero defect navy. Dammit.

We make NO mistakes...ever.

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
Hawaii is a miserable place to run aground. Today's tide is only about one foot, and tomorrow's is just more than two.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor

I see sarcasm there. I'll have you know, I can't remember the last time I made a mistake.

Just a sec, my wife is talking...

Oh, okay, it was this morning, she informs me...

navy09

None
Cruiser aground??? Don't wait for an investigation.

Fire the CO immediately...this is a zero defect navy. Dammit.

Seriously. Not to get into speculation, but I read from another source that this was his first time getting underway with her. She just got out of the yards too. :eek:

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Probably won't make any difference, but an interesting factoid is that Port Royal was previously commanded by ADM Roughead.