• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Health Services Collegiate Program

kevj

Hello Everyone,

I was just notified of my acceptance for the HSCP. I'm stoke but I was also informed by my recruiter that the Navy procedures recently changed regarding the promotion from E-6 to E-7. It used to be they you could refer someone to one of the medical officer programs or make the dean's list in one semester. I knew it would be no problem for me to achieve the latter. Now I have to find someone that's interested. I spoke with everyone I know at my school and no one is. I think this is a great opportunity but no one wants to pursue it here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find someone? Thanks.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
My understanding A4 Alltime best reference for Health doctor. He live at ammunition range 747. Look him up.

PropRotorDoc

I don't know if you're still interested, but I have every intention of applying for HSCP after my next tour. No one has officially referred me yet, and you're welcome to do so. I doubt that would help you because it's not for a few years, but I wouldn't mind talking to you about the program anyway. Let me know if you're still interested.

Cris Foski

Hi there, I am actually applying for the HSCP program and was wondering if you would be able to help...

Hello Everyone,

I was just notified of my acceptance for the HSCP. I'm stoke but I was also informed by my recruiter that the Navy procedures recently changed regarding the promotion from E-6 to E-7. It used to be they you could refer someone to one of the medical officer programs or make the dean's list in one semester. I knew it would be no problem for me to achieve the latter. Now I have to find someone that's interested. I spoke with everyone I know at my school and no one is. I think this is a great opportunity but no one wants to pursue it here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find someone? Thanks.

Medcb81

I have applied for the Navy HSCP; I was told my application went before the 1/12/12 board. I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I was selected. Has anyone else applied and heard anything from that board?

Medcb81

I have applied for the Navy HSCP; I was told my application went before the 1/12/12 board. I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I was selected. Has anyone else applied and heard anything from that board?

I found out last week that the HSCP Board did not meet in January, but either met on Feb. 9th or will meet on the 23rd. So, I'm still waiting to hear...

Wabstabs

Does anyone know if prior year service is taken into account when calculating pay for HSCP or does everyone get E-6/E-7 pay with 1 year of service? If anyone has a reference that would be greatly appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know if prior year service is taken into account when calculating pay for HSCP or does everyone get E-6/E-7 pay with 1 year of service? If anyone has a reference that would be greatly appreciated.
It is taken into account, so whatever years of service you had will be added on.

Cris Foski

Hey again guys, can anyone give any tips on applying to this program? Especially those who were accepted? Does an ACL regraft (although I'm perfectly fine and am with the Marines as a Reserve corpsman and finished my active duty years as a Marine Corpsman) hurt your chances? What should the motto statement look like? I'm receiving 20% compensation from the VA... Will that hurt me/How do they find out I receive compensation?

Much needed help and thanks all!?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Just curious, because I have almost no understanding of the VA compensation system, but if you're perfectly fine, why are you receiving 20% compensation?

MasterBates

I was told the "magic number" for reserves was 30% disability.

I have not done a VA Physical, but I was told by a VA doc I was talking to when I took my dad into the VA hospital for some stuff, was most pilots get close to that from hearing loss and back issued (helos anyways). Not sure how accurate he was.

exNavyOffRec

I was told the "magic number" for reserves was 30% disability.

I have not done a VA Physical, but I was told by a VA doc I was talking to when I took my dad into the VA hospital for some stuff, was most pilots get close to that from hearing loss and back issued (helos anyways). Not sure how accurate he was.

That is the number our reserve recruiters say, but our processor says less than 30%.

It seems hearing is the easy one, then any injuries usually lead to some other ratings, how bad depends on the rating.

Cris Foski

K, to clarify, first of all, that Warren Zevon track was off the chain, secondly, I have a recruiter friend who explains that knee trouble is something Programs like the HSCP strive away from. When I separated, they said get your VA done now, you’ll be glad you did. I did, and they hooked me up with 20%. Thing is, I never needed anything from them. My knee is great and actually better than before… So, while applying to the HSCP program, I find myself a bit nervous cause I don’t want to get disqualified for something that is not an issue. I also started thinking, well how do they find out anyhoo? Lots of here say, my officer recruiter says underneath 30%, I’m underneath, but my buddy says not to mention it. I actually believe in honesty, but don’t want my chances hurt from applying cause of something that is not an issue. I’m also applying for medical, not flying BTW. Just wondering if anyone knows how they will find out about the compensation?
And no, there are no set guidelines about <30% and in the Reserves. That’s false. I found the instruction a while ago, but if you google in some way shape or form, there are some Vet links that explain that You can still be a higher percentage and be in the Reserves. You just can’t take drill pay and compensation pay at the same time.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Do you feel even a little bit uncomfortable receiving VA disability compensation when you have no "disability"? Or is this a normal occurrence?

As far as disclosing that you are receiving VA disability compensation, I'm pretty sure that there's a question on the physical exam paperwork that asks about that. If so, disclosing is your only valid option.