• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Navy Freeing up Aviation Training Pipeline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaminoshi

Out of curiosity, if you get an NSS below 43... do you just get kicked out of the program? Do you have to redes or just become a civilian again? I'm 100% positive I can make it through API just fine.

Random Task

pilot
MD2NZ said:
Studs: study hard solo and in groups. 5 hours on weekdays, 8 hours weekends (50 minutes on..10 minutes off, stop studying 1 hour prior to sleeping). Put your dream to be a military aviator first (ditch distractions), and give it your all. You don't need a retired tutor, just a good work ethic and solid teamwork with your classmates.

-MD2NZ

I disagree with the times there. That might work as a study habit for a VERY few number of people but if you really need to study that much in API to get by, there aren't enough hours in the day for how much you will need to study in primary and advanced to survive. No one I knew studied for that long.

Don't study hard...study smart

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I disagree with the times there. That might work as a study habit for a VERY few number of people but if you really need to study that much in API to get by, there aren't enough hours in the day for how much you will need to study in primary and advanced to survive. No one I knew studied for that long.

Don't study hard...study smart

Agreed. I think there was maybe one overly anxious prior service guy in my API class who did this (I remember him talking about practicing PLF's off of his bed), but none others that I know of. The firehose gets much wider the further you get through the pipeline (and beyond).

Kycntryboy

pilot
...The firehose gets much wider the further you get through the pipeline (and beyond).
The introductory material is always the hardest, once you have that layer down you can always build. If you guys try to understand what your studying instead of just relying on memorizing numbers you will do A LOT better and you'll end up having to study less in the end.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The introductory material is always the hardest, once you have that layer down you can always build. If you guys try to understand what your studying instead of just relying on memorizing numbers you will do A LOT better and you'll end up having to study less in the end.
Exactly. First you learn how to fly, then you learn how to fly dynamically, then you learn how to fly tactically. Each builds upon the other. The flying eventually has to be second nature to be successful.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Out of curiosity, if you get an NSS below 43... do you just get kicked out of the program? Do you have to redes or just become a civilian again? I'm 100% positive I can make it through API just fine.

As of today, you are attired from the aviation pipeline and go to a redesignation board. The "good deal" redes is gone. Unless you have a critical skill like engineering, you're probably going out of the Navy or to SWO land.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
As of today, you are attired from the aviation pipeline.... you're probably going .... to SWO land.
That's what used to happen -- the attrites (for whatever reason) were redesignated & assigned to DD's, Gators (oooops), or the Riverine Force (double ooooops).

The only thing you could count on was NOT getting a ticket to go home to Mommy ...

bigwill2876

IIRC, in 2005 ish you got your free go to "Mommy pass" even with USNA attached to your bio.

Then is was ass/u/med that "they" did not want the bad pub of paying for that fine education with no paybacks, and you still had to do the 5. Maybe even as an IA in the lands of sand/mountains East.

Are 'they' now facing the wrath of the media and giving the "Mommy" again ?

The little brown water craft looked like fun and would also give a decent ski ride...

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Are 'they' now facing the wrath of the media and giving the "Mommy" again ?

The little brown water craft looked like fun and would also give a decent ski ride...

As I said, the regular redes boards (where DOR and attrites go through) seem to be unfavorable to most folks unless you have a critical skill to offer. Commissioning source, we were told, doesn't have a huge bearing on it. And the dudes who just wanted to walk with their free USNA education already got that option in February. A few took it and are just hanging around here waiting to get out. Timing is everything it seems.

And the brown water folks are NECC now. I think as an O, you need a SWO pin first. I wonder if they take Seabee types?

Kaminoshi

Oh snap. Well, anyone who doesnt wanna wash out is just gonna have to study their ass off. I know I will... but its good to have a degree in aerospace engineering just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.