• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Navy Freeing up Aviation Training Pipeline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Does this kind of thing affect waivers for people who are NPQ? Are they less willing to give out a waiver for something small because they're trying to cut people? Or is that separate from the attrition process?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does this kind of thing affect waivers for people who are NPQ? Are they less willing to give out a waiver for something small because they're trying to cut people? Or is that separate from the attrition process?

We were told at the all hands something to the effect of "If you're YG09/YG10 and waiting on a waiver to be granted, this may effect that, take the redes opportunity so there's no doubt". It was specifically stated if you had a waiver already, they weren't going back and yanking them. They also weren't going after med down people. API NSS and PRBs for IFS or OLQ were the main ways out the door. That being said, I do wonder how much control BUPERS has on NAMI to tell them to stop granting waivers. You being BDCP, you're YG11 I'd guess, so this does not effect you at the moment.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI - Waivers are granted by NOMI but are approved by NPC. NPC can even grant a waiver thats been denied by NOMI. Just ask MasterBates!

Kaminoshi

Just wondering, do SNFOs and SNA get grouped together during all of this? Im going SNFO, but everyone is talking about pilots in API etc. Am I also in the mix of pain?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't apply to SNFOs yet, but we're told it's coming,

Kaminoshi

Well thats good to hear (kind of... sorry SNA dudes). Hopefully the full force of it wont be felt for a good while.... i got to OCS in october.

What is the expected wait for API for SNFO? Is it the same for SNA? Do SNA and SNFO take API together or with their own designator? sorry if it has been asked.

I am kinda surprised SNFO hasn't had this happen yet, i figured since the EA-6 is going away, the S-3 is gone, and some airwings may be downsizing (I saw CAG5 drop an f-14 squadron and it now only has one 2 seater rhino) that there would be a huge surplus of NFOs around. The s-3 had 3, ea-6 had 3 etc.

bigwill2876

IIRC not all the Service Selection slots for NFO were taken over the past 2-3 years at USNA, so that may have kept the overflow numbers artifically down ?

dirtydog

I was offered redes at my NROTC unit, but I don't commission for another week. Interesting happenings and should be a fun ride.

Random Task

pilot
I was offered redes at my NROTC unit, but I don't commission for another week. Interesting happenings and should be a fun ride.

I was also offered redes before I commissioned in '08. Said no and it was not a fun ride. That being said I'm now here in advanced and it's fun now but it definitely was no fun while they were trying to get me to go subs.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
Skip the gouge, hook-ups and scuttlebutt, and read the chapters. Everything comes out of the book. If you can prove it's not in the book, you'll get the question gratis. Study alone, and then with friends to see where the leaks are. A good two hours a night is plenty if you actually study for two hours, know the answers to the questions in the back cold, and get a good night's rest. Seemed the guys who fared worst were the ones running on no sleep.

There is not an easy way through this; don't be deceived into thinking there is. Arch your back, breathe deep, and take it like a good Sailor.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
Skip the gouge, hook-ups and scuttlebutt, and read the chapters. Everything comes out of the book.

+1

Finished API a month ago, hardly touched the gouge and did fine by busting my ass studying the books. I laugh everytime I see people posting about "not having gouge for the new exams". All of the gouge out there is written on the ELOs and so are the new exams, if it was good before it will be good now. Either way, my class took the new NAV exam the day after it was written and we didn't have anyone fail. Hell, I got a 96% and I'm a half step from being clinically retarded, but I didn't use any gouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.