• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Football

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Looks like it gonna be a tough football season at Severn Tech... the Middies have dropped their frist two... close games, but they took the L none the less...

Kinda dissappointing. But, given that they've lost most of their starters (my classmates) from last year, two close games against Stanford and UMD are kinda good, I guess.

ND dropped No. 3 Michigan, Army got proper-fvcked by BC, and USAFA handed an L to SDSU... not looking good for the CINC's Trophy this year. If it doesn't stay in the Rotunda, I'd rather it go to USMA than Air Force...

The floor is open...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone really care about Navy football unless they're playing Army?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's too bad. There are more important things you should be worried about, like whether Florida is gonna beat the sh!t out of FSU this year. Is Navy gonna do this? No, I didn't think so.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Does anyone really care about Navy football unless they're playing Army?

I think there are a few.

I was going to apply to the Academy...but then my Dad got a job so i didn't have to. :icon_mi_1

BILLDO

Liable to get caught on a trip wire...
TheBubba said:
Kinda dissappointing. But, given that they've lost most of their starters (my classmates) from last year, two close games against Stanford and UMD are kinda good, I guess.

More importantly, does anyone care they are your classmates?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
My closest friends are my classmates...

If it doesn't matter to you, oh well. I'm just sayin I graduated with those guys, and I know most of them. Take it at face value... sorta like someone saying "I graduated with ___ (fill in name here)"

Thats all, thats it.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
RockyMtnNFO said:
I think there are a few.

I was going to apply to the Academy...but then my Dad got a job so i didn't have to. :icon_mi_1

Yeah, the Academy is a welfare program.
I decided to apply while my family was in line for food stamps.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jolly Roger said:
They might have a chance against Rice, in two weeks. I'll be there, I have to work parking.

That should tell you something right there... the fact that you even say they "might" have a chance against Rice is pathetic.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Pathetic? Eh...

Navy fans don't watch for the big win or the next bowl game (they are far and few in between)... we watch b/c Navy's a fun team to watch... plain and simple.

How many other teams will opt not to punt on 4th and long in the first half? Watching Navy play is watching a team that plays cuz they want to play... and that makes for good ball... win or lose.