• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy cancels deployments, Air Force cancels air shows

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I know the guests at last years Kingsville Air Show were put up at the Super 8, I took a couple pilots out for breakfast Sunday morning that I met in the lobby and all 3 of us had the same opinion of the hotel. Dump would be too nice to describe it.

The rule of thumb is "Never stay in motels that have numbers in their names". Acceptable bottom-feeding starts w/ pre-screened Red Roof Inns if $$ expended are an issue. JMHO.

MasterBates

I spent 250+ nights in hotels last year..

Super 8s are the most hit or miss.
Best Westerns can be great or ghetto.. Majority are fine, but the ghetto ones make the Yuma BOQ look nice.
9/10 "America's Best Value Inns & Suites" are shit. Avoid.

Marriott Springhill Suites are nice, and under $100 in most places with mil discount.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
The rule of thumb is "Never stay in motels that have numbers in their names". Acceptable bottom-feeding starts w/ pre-screened Red Roof Inns if $$ expended are an issue. JMHO.

I agree but it was the only thing other than Motel 6 or dives within 100 miles. Yeah they leave the light on, so the roaches don't come out.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was speaking more to deployments.. But as far as hotels on the road? Hampton Inn's do it right.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Best Westerns can be great or ghetto.. Majority are fine, but the ghetto ones make the Yuma BOQ look nice.

Now, was that necessary? C'mon, man!

On the other hand, "The Yuma BOQ;Not the shittiest place on Earth to stay anymore"...........excellent fitrep bullet!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was speaking more to deployments.. But as far as hotels on the road? Hampton Inn's do it right.
Concur. Since Hilton bought them, they've standardized across the board and what they've standardized to is solid. You may never have been to that town before, but you know there's a decent hot breakfast and a bed that's at least quasi-comfy at the Hampton for a decent price.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
So we started out by making fun of the Air Force for being...well, the Air Force and digressed into what hotel we think is the "most comfy"...epic fail.

Renegade One

None
So we started out by making fun of the Air Force for being...well, the Air Force and digressed into what hotel we think is the "most comfy"...epic fail.
Whaa?!? Air Force and "hotels" in same thread? I see the linearity of it all...

If any AW currently in the AF, or on joint/exchange duty with the AF... can "score" the AF's "preferred lodging" gouge…dude…you'd be more famous than a "Double Double/Animal Style".

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
You'll be thinking epic fail when you go on a cross country and get lodged at the local shit hole inn. ;)

jmcquate

Contributor
Air shows are a big business. Cutting back on them is going to put a hit on a lot of summer income for folks.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Air shows are a big business. Cutting back on them is going to put a hit on a lot of summer income for folks.

+1 - going to be a thin thin summer on the air show circuit me thinks. Bigger shows like Sun n' Fun and Oshkosh will be fine but others that depend on the Blues to pull in the folks will probably be cancelled.

afwx

Booyahkah
I am surprised to see that the USAF is cancelling their airshows......no seriously I am. The reason why is because now how else are we supposed to justify having a max rating on our performance reports if we aren't giving up an we entire weekend working a snow cone booth or ice cream sunday booth to raise money for the booster club? It is pretty much big blue company policy that you can suck ass at your job but if you work airshows, do squadron breakfast burrito sales, or do carwashes for the (insert random base organization here) then you are a shoe in for the best performance evaluation and a decoration when you leave.......crazy they cancelled airshows, now the bottom feeders will never have a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD