• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy beats Chair Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
contender for what? if you mean the Cinc trophy, I agree. Especially since Army continues to stink up the NCAA. If you mean a National Championship, I HIGHLY doubt it. Even if they go undefeated (and I doubt that since Notre Dame is on a hot streak), their weak schedule and independent status would prevent them from getting a BCS bowl.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BCS mafia needs to go anyway . . .

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I agree, but then what? Go back to letting the ADs and reporters select the National Champion? Then you go back to when they looked at two undefeated teams with similar schedules and went, "You know, Coach A deserves it more than Coach B" etc. etc. Go to a playoff system? Then how do you (using "you" in the general sense) make up the bracket? Like NCAA basketball; only with less teams? How long would it be, would you stretch the season out into Jan or Feb? You can't have them playing every other day like Basketball. Make it like the NFL? Then how do you determine who makes the cut with so many more teams than the NFL and with multiple undefeated teams. Would each conference champion get a seed? Then how is that fair for teams in strong conferences? Could you force Navy and Notre Dame to join a conference?

Here's my humble idea. Create a new division. Higher than IA. That division would have a playoff system but would only be restricted to about 30 teams. Than you could have a playoff similar to the NFL. After each year, the poorly preforming teams are reevaluated by the ADs and reporters and lesser teams are dropped back into IA and good IA teams are promoted to the new divison. Yes, I know there are questions with this system.

Wow, I can certainly go off on a rant when I'm procrastinating to not work on my NPS final.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
watching navy football is like watching a high school football game. i always get a good chuckle when boat schoolers talk up their football season.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AAAAAAAAAAND that's why I like baseball. Play a SH!T-TON of games, and whoever has the highest percentage, plus wildcard, goes to the playoffs.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ Yeah, but there's one problem with baseball...it's so damned boring. I compare watching baseball to watching a very old man paint a very large house with a very small brush.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
^ Yeah, but there's one problem with baseball...it's so damned boring. I compare watching baseball to watching a very old man paint a very large house with a very small brush.

You shut your mouth right now.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Baseball: What you watch between the end of the NBA season and the beginning of the NFL season.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
Baseball: What you watch between the end of the NBA season and the beginning of the NFL season.

You know as well as I do that no one cares about the NBA ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
It gets better ratings, and sells more tickets and merchandise than baseball.

I remember a study about how many viewers each sport gets. NBA is below GOLF. Fourth was baseball.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
When was that study? 1954?

No, I don't remember the year, but it was fairly recent. I know about absolutely no-one that watches or even cares about NBA. This includes northern and southern friends. Now, college basketball, that's a different story.

What REALLY sucks for us northerners is that the NHL is in serious trouble of not existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.