• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy beats Chair Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
There you go, it depends where you are from. Basketball is more popular on the coasts, where the greater population is. I grew up in CA. The Lakers were always the big sports team, even when they sucked. When the Dodgers and Angels won the World Series, you wouldn't have even known about it given the minimal reaction by the fans. I also hope there is an NHL season this year.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
There you go, it depends where you are from. Basketball is more popular on the coasts, where the greater population is. I grew up in CA. The Lakers were always the big sports team, even when they sucked. When the Dodgers and Angels won the World Series, you wouldn't have even known about it given the minimal reaction by the fans. I also hope there is an NHL season this year.

Maybe the left coast.... I've lived East Coast my entire life. I remember when NBA was much more popular, back when I was younger. Not anymore. Who wants to watch a bunch of over-paid thugs? :)

But yeah, probably just where you're from (not you specifically). I'm sure it has more popularity on the West Coast.

Well, who the hell cares about the Dodgers and Angels man? LoL. It's all about teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, etc.

Football is still king in this country though, that's for sure.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
What is troubling is that soccer is begining to become popular....

Soccer will never achieve the popularity of baseball, football, and such. People like to play it, but who actually watches it? I don't know very many people that care enough to. I know some guys, but they're die-hard soccer players.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
lol soccer games are pretty boring on TV, but going to watch a few games here at the academy, you get some crazy games going.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
navyterp said:
Vette,
You need to be rooting for Maryland, especially next year when we play Navy in Baltimore.

I'm going to feel bad watching the mids just get pushed around by the Fridge.

mattr

Only in America is soccer not a big sport. I'm guessing one day, when I'm dead it will be big, but untill then, I can only dream what will happen, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.