• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Submarine School Urinalysis

NoahKalton99

I checked into Naval Submarine School last week and the checkin process was smooth, the only part that was crappy was the urinalysis check-in. The observer made me stand away from the urinal, 45 degree angle, drop my trousers and underwear to my ankles and lift my shirt up to my chest, I pretty much stood there butt naked, cheeks out for like 10 minutes until I could finally push out 30ml of piss.

Is that level of observation required at all commands?

rslone763

Technically trousers and skivvies are supposed to be dropped to your knees to prove no fake dick, but most commands don’t actually enforce that too well. Sub school is a training command and will enforce the rules and regulations more so than an operational command.
Usually during urinalysis, I hike my shirt up to my tits and drop everything down to my boots like they made me do at RTC, proves I’m not not cheating and shocks the observer a little

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
I checked into Naval Submarine School last week and the checkin process was smooth, the only part that was crappy was the urinalysis check-in. The observer made me stand away from the urinal, 45 degree angle, drop my trousers and underwear to my ankles and lift my shirt up to my chest, I pretty much stood there butt naked, cheeks out for like 10 minutes until I could finally push out 30ml of piss.

The further you get into the fleet the less they tend to care. At API back in the day they did it by the book. In my fleet squadron you just grabbed a random JO to “watch” you. And by “watch” I mean they just stand in the bathroom with you. I couldn’t imagine another JO actually asking me to drop my pants or any of that nonsense, and if they did, I would tell him to pound sand. Or maybe tell him to…..piss off ?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Asked a few months ago.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

As has been stated before, that's technically the regulations. That said, the thought of nukes nuking out the urinalysis program is hilarious to me. At least be thankful that you didn't have to take a dump during all of this.

rslone763

As has been stated before, that's technically the regulations. That said, the thought of nukes nuking out the urinalysis program is hilarious to me. At least be thankful that you didn't have to take a
As has been stated before, that's technically the regulations. That said, the thought of nukes nuking out the urinalysis program is hilarious to me. At least be thankful that you didn't have to take a dump during all of this.
Everyone’s always shocked when the regs are actually enforced lol

exNavyOffRec

I've never once had the regulations enforced to explicit letter of the law. It's a little extreme.
I only had that happen once, and it was at a school in San Diego that was attended by E-5 to E-8, as a Chief I had to do what the OP had to do, it was the first time ever I had to do that. They even had foot cutouts on the floor where I had to stand and where the observer had to stand.

It was a little extreme.

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
If anyone directs you to do urinalysis that away again, ask to see the specific instruction that directs that method. I’ve never seen an instruction that directs anything beyond “observer must see sample leave the body” and suspect the pants down and shirt up thing is being done by overeager coordinators.

But also yeah, once you get out of entry level programs the whole process is much more sane.

FormerRecruitingGuru

If anyone directs you to do urinalysis that away again, ask to see the specific instruction that directs that method. I’ve never seen an instruction that directs anything beyond “observer must see sample leave the body” and suspect the pants down and shirt up thing is being done by overeager coordinators.

But also yeah, once you get out of entry level programs the whole process is much more sane.

It’s in the new ish OPNAVINST

number9

Contributor

I'm a reservist who has never seen a sub. At this point I've probably done five urinalyses in the year I've been in, and only one of them was required to be as "revealing" as yours. The rest have been much more relaxed.

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
It’s in the new ish OPNAVINST
Its actually not in the 2022 OPNAVIST or the 2022 UPC Guide which actually lays out the procedure.

To all the new people, if anyone is asking you to do more than the below screenshot ask for where in writing it directs additional procedure. There is no reason people should essentially be naked to do this and it is ripe for abuse.
1681593536444.png

FormerRecruitingGuru

Its actually not in the 2022 OPNAVIST or the 2022 UPC Guide which actually lays out the procedure.

To all the new people, if anyone is asking you to do more than the below screenshot ask for where in writing it directs additional procedure. There is no reason people should essentially be naked to do this and it is ripe for abuse.
View attachment 37971

I provided bad gouge, correct gouge.

This has been asked on Reddit a bit and the JAGs have chimed in on the side of the command.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

No, though technically that is the “proper” procedure.