• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAL AVIATOR HEAVEN

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VA-44 hasn’t been decommissioned, Walt, Derf and I have just left the chow hall at Cecil heading back to our line at hangar 67 for night check. Oh… and Yuma dets and quals are still fun duty.:)

And BusyBee is manned & ready on "Hot Alert", in a T-A4F...ready to fly w/ my "Kids", Walt, Derf & Steve...day...night....any & all weather...24/7!:eek:
ta4.jpg
BzB

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
All JO good deal BFM, fly pit fly for bankers hours, land, no tapes, no TACTS, just straight to the club for debrief over beers. That was last Friday, and I can only hope heaven would be that way. Dorky or not for mentioning this, the last chapter in Gen Old's book was a pretty good representation of what I think fighter pilot heaven should be.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I’ll throw in my Army National Guard Maintenance Officer version:

• Briefing and risk assessment consists of a text message saying, “flying, be back at 1600”, not a three hour process that involves contacting the President of the United States just to fly a local flight.
  • Your copilot is always another experienced guy, not an M-day PI that still hasn’t made PC in 6 years.
  • All MTFs result in at least a 2.0 of flight time.
  • The” flow” fairy comes around every night and resets all of your aircraft so they are evenly spaced, all dailies are complete, etc...
  • Aircraft will not fall off the face of the earth and National Guard Bureau in DC need not be notified if you fly north of the FL/GA state line.
  • You can land where ever and whenever you like. If the parking lot at Hooters has enough empty space, you can land there and (blasphemy coming up…) …get your picture taken IN UNIFORM with the girls working there.
  • You can fly 500’ down the beach line (like you did all of the time in the Navy) and not have a safety officer meet you at the ramp telling you about a 1500’ coastline rule that USED TO BE in the state SOP 10 years ago.
  • M-day guys will read the SOP and the checklist and not break your aircraft because they did something stupid. And when they do something stupid, they will come to you, admit it, and promise never to do it again. It would REALLY be heaven if they bought the maintainers a beer when they broke the aircraft.
  • Medics will stick to their area of expertise and communicate with the cockpit only on a limited, genuine need basis.
  • Contrary to robav8r’s wish for no promotion boards, there should be a thumbs up/down vote whenever the group deems it necessary, just to thin the herd and get rid of douche canoes. Also, you wear whatever rank you want, unless the group says “nay!” Just because you “think” you should be a senior leader or a flight leader doesn’t mean you should.
Oh yeah…and we can wear whatever flight suit we want…These two piece A2CU things are a POS!

leo20307

Rhinos
None
Dorky or not for mentioning this, the last chapter in Gen Old's book was a pretty good representation of what I think fighter pilot heaven should be.

Just finished up his book last week for a little "aviation professional development" while I wait for Primary to start up. Loved it. Reading this thread made me think of exactly that description.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Come on now, if we have to even CONSIDER a thumbs up/down vote on any douche nozzle, is it really "heaven?"
:)

On the one hand, having douchebags around would seem to disqualify the area as "Heaven"....

On the other hand, having the ability to spontaneously demote them by quorum vote, take away their quals (as needed), and generally kick them out of your squadron might make it worthwhile to have them around to begin with.

Oh.....and there is no debate on what rank or qual level we would all want: Captain and Division Lead. Maximum power, minimum responsibility.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Agree with you about Captain, but I'd prefer to be an NSI as well... Pretty much guarantees you're always on the night page ;)

Of my 52 hours this FY, 41 of them are at night... :D

No instructor quals are needed in combat, so why would they be needed in Heaven?

Combat quals are all that ever matter.

Plus, it's Heaven. You can fly at night as much as you want. I'll be doing the 1100 takeoff for a CAS-tank-CAS, roaring into the break at about 1700.

Straight to the club.

phrogpilot73

No instructor quals are needed in combat, so why would they be needed in Heaven?

Combat quals are all that ever matter.

Plus, it's Heaven. You can fly at night as much as you want. I'll be doing the 1100 takeoff for a CAS-tank-CAS, roaring into the break at about 1700.

Straight to the club.
Good point. Me, I'll wake up late (not a morning person) brief at 1600, fly night TERF 1800-2100 then to the bar in a bag.

Oh, and there are no wires in heaven... ;)