• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAIR Reserve Program (NRP) and DCO opportunities: AEDO & AMDO

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Ill need to renew my account with CETARS so I can look at school spots, but I was told that the school is backed up. A buddy is going in Jan and he said they are trying to 120 students through. That seems high to me. He has been commissioned for over a year.

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Hey Phroggirl, how was your first drill? I was told the first one was mostly paperwork as well, anything else? And did you get uniforms beforehand? I haven't received direction on that. Good luck if you get a December date for DCOIC, I've heard that the weather is brutal during the winter classes.

AQ-AT, how was your drill? Wow, 120 students, I didn't realize the classes were that large.

I was able to make an account on JO Apply and saw that all of the open billets for AEDO are O-3 and above.

Phroggirl88

I did get picked up in May :). The first drill was the awesome, standard briefs for hours, nothing too crazy. I was able to get my GTCC ordered, request for a school seat, and other basic paperwork items completed. BigToona, I ordered my uniforms as soon as I was available to through the NEX. So I had my NWU's for the first drill, but there were others in there that were prior service that did not have their uniforms and they just came in civilian attire. I ordered only what I needed for the DCOIC course, for now, because it was ridiculously expensive. What I saw in regards to the DCOIC, is that the summer ones tend to fill up faster; which makes sense given the course is in RI. I had them request my spot for the December class this past weekend and there were over 20 spots still left. The summer ones seemed to have much lower numbers left.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

[QUOTE="AQ-AT, how was your drill? Wow, 120 students, I didn't realize the classes were that large.[/QUOTE]

It was good, I just went in a talked with all the SELRES and FTS ground officers and asked a bunch of questions. Looking forward to actually drilling! Working on figuring out the commissioning ceremony now.

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Thanks for the detail. My OR said it'd take a couple weeks for my docs to process through the NOSC before I'll start on the drilling cycle. I didn't know that spots for the summer classes would already be filling up this far out.

Looking forward to start drilling too, and hopefully DCOIC not long after. Good luck figuring out your ceremony AQ!

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

AQ-
Did you get your commdocs already? I was told my final select letter is forthcoming.
No, I have only signed the 1200/1.
I called the OR Monday and there has been no update since the 1200 was submitted in CIRIMS, called about it and basic answer from the processor was "it will be done when its done".
How are you doing the swearing in? I'm on the fence about doing a small ceremony or just having my family go to the recruiting station. Maybe get a set of Khakis and pinning on gold bars?
Thinking of a lunch and inviting coworkers and friends(everyone is prior military).

I'm swearing in at the OR office and a couple of weeks later a short and sweet ceremony on base @ current squadron HQ. Friends and family and then some food and drinks locally.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

BigTuna, have you completed the NOSC indoc drill yet? What is the Uniform that our NOSC prefers? NWU or Service Khaki?

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
No, I haven't, so I can't say. Processor said yesterday that I should be hearing from the NOSC this week. I called a local NEX and they said I couldn't purchase uniforms if I didn't have an ID yet (even though the DCO Handbook says that a copy of my signed oath should suffice), so I'm guessing I'll be business casual for my first drill.