• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAIR Reserve Program (NRP) and DCO opportunities: AEDO & AMDO

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Thanks for keeping everyone posted, sounds like they're going to a yearly board. I'd seen on the threads for some of the other boards that they were doing the same, so it's not surprising.

Good to go! Any word on what to expect next? I have a Ready Reserve Transfer Request Service Agreement (RRA) coming my way. Not familiar with the document.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
I assume the RRA is the letter the OR said we would be waiting on. I asked what the next step is and he said "wait".

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Mine took about 5 to come in, but that may have been due to the timing of the FY. Your RRA came in much quicker than mine and the commdocs were about a month after that.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

OR processor said weeks, not months. That said, it has almost been a month already. Processor also said something about everything due to be completed by Mid January. We shall see

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Yessir, yesterday morning! Felt great finally getting that taken care of, now just trying to figure out where to go from here.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

I'm going to a squadron drill tomorrow and meet some local DCO ground pounders. I've already talked to quite a few FTS AMDO's. I kind of know my options, but no firm info on what is the best COA.

Main questions are:
What is the benefit of getting a billet early? Or is IAP the best option? I it better to stay IAP at the NOSC for a few months, or should I be trying to immediately get a Billet or IAP at a SQD? When I look at JO Apply, I see very few billets.

Phroggirl88

I was still in contact with my recruiter BigToona after I first was commissioned and she contacted the right people at my NOSC. My first drill is this weekend and from my understanding, this is mainly for paperwork and admin purposes. Once everything is in the system and I go to DCOIC, is when I can go to JOApply and find a hard billet. I'm trying to go to the December DCOIC course. It will be cold!!!

You must be excited about your first drill phroggirl! Did you also get picked up in May with Big Toona? if so it looks like timing is the same for all selectees of a given board. I hope to get pinned by the end of the year in order to get DCOIC done in the Spring. Do classes fill up quickly?