• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

nav supplies for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why dont you pass them on to someone in the pipeline before you like someone probably did to an extent for you?

That is how it works pass the gouge on, dont sell it

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
whatever. you obviously missed that it comes with a pencil holder hand strap (not pictured).

koolkatsalley

the handstrap is definitely money!

The gouge is free, take a look at 'trek thru training' post and you will find that I posted attachments of all the cards for you to print up yourself. I only put 75 bucks cause I know most of you cheap a$$e$ will probably want the stuff for 20 bucks cheaper (+ it is on craig's list and that is known as a bargaining website), plus that does includes shipping, I did say make me an offer & didn't really ask anyone's 2 cents, I spent over 100 bucks on this stuff and just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone to buy, bargain with or whatever. No one gave me free supplies during my training, in fact I printed up several note cards for fellow class members and have all the gouge cards printed up and will GIVE those to someone if they want to buy my supplies (saves them the trouble of buying index cards, wasting computer ink, and time of printing them up) - but everything (gouge) I have is already attached and posted so you can do it all yourself if you wanna.

& yes, the handstrap (not pictured) is definitely the way to go for instrument flights.:censored_

koolkatsalley

learned to read

Wow, I have never heard that one before " a tool" you must've coined that phrase - the real original deal here. Now I have never been an ace in english and literature, but if you learnt to read correctly you would see that I am SELLING Supplies, not gouge, These are supplies I paid for out of my own pocket. fair enough.

MasterBates

Your "supplies" are much like the gouge I was handed by a guy who recently selected, when I was new at VT-28 back in 2002.. And I handed it over to another ENS who was checking in as I was checking out.

That's how it works... The guy bought me lunch, and picked my brain about how primary worked. but I did not ask. for anything..

$4 worth of Subway vice $75..

Pugs

Back from the range
None
That's how it works... The guy bought me lunch, and picked my brain about how primary worked. but I did not ask. for anything...

Yep, a new incomer to VT-86 got a very nice set of 400 some radar predictions from me for the price of just being a nice guy. Hopefully he passed it on as well.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, I have never heard that one before " a tool" you must've coined that phrase - the real original deal here. Now I have never been an ace in english and literature, but if you learnt to read correctly you would see that I am SELLING Supplies, not gouge, These are supplies I paid for out of my own pocket. fair enough.

That's like me saying as a senior officer...I got lots of experience / gouge / stories...but it'll cost you. :(

Just give 'em away. A random act of kindness to a newbie will be repaid tenfold...:)

Karma my friend, good Karma....and if you're real lucky...Karma (sic) Sutra. ;)

koolkatsalley

that's some expensive gouge

I did not realize people were giving away whiz wheels, plotters, dividers, kneeboards, straps, and other supplies as gouge - the only gouge I ever saw passing around was info and stuff written on paper(i.e., know how). A buddy and I did come up with creating notecards, which I have attached on a post on airwarriors for anyone to download and print & even did print some up for some closer friends - but handme down supplies would have been cool, could have saved me and many others i know, tons of money. I did not know it was uncommon for people to sell their supplies (i.e., CR3 flight computers, stamp kits, and that ever so cool pencil holder strap) I had met many people buying their items from people already going through the program or on ebay, craig's list etc... In fact I would have probably given my stuff away if I knew someone just about to start out that was worthy of the supplies and if I knew for sure I was no longer going to need the stuff. I seriously would have bought someone's supplies for cheaper (being the cheap a$$ I am) if they had been available; I could have avoided paying all that money I spent at that ever so famous Wings store. oh well, maybe just keeping my supplies, whether I am going to ever use them again or not, is just easier to do.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, don't worry about these guys jumping your ass. You aren't doing anything wrong by trying to recoup a few dollars for the supplies. I certainly don't see any reason why you should feel compelled to give them away. But hey, I'm just a dirty capitalist pig and a consumer whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.