• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

national security clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFU2USN

Military Clearances:

Top Secret - there are varied levels of this based on what you need to know. Needed for Intel., Crypto., certain aviation platforms, and other jobs, as required.

Secret - most,if not all commissioned officers receive this.

Classified

Unclassified.

AG7412

This subject is a little borderline, if you need to know talk to your recruiter and if you have one you know better than posting it on a public forum......

jpfarsider

Sorry, NATO has 4 levels of security classification
Cosmic TS
Nato Secret
Nato confidential
Nato restricted

Just for your information :)

Jeremy

AG7412, I no longer hold a clearance (expired when I eas'd) and no one is going to come and get me because I had one. This is all unclass and unconfidential material that you could look up in a library or online. We aren't giving away secrets here.

And I didn't mean that nato is a specific type like "secret" or "ts" but it is a clearance type meaning you have to be cleared "nato" to read NATO related intel.

AG7412

Jeremy: While yes the info is unclass, you post to much in a public forum about you, and you don't have the clearance know does not means that you will go telling everyone (foes) what you know. But, that is your choice.

version2point0

hey i started this thread to know what the process is for national securioty. everyone in the BDCP and OCS have to go through it. its not like there are national security secrets being posted here. obviously if i were to ask "what are the things im not supposed to know about f-18's before i actually get in one, then ppl would tell me that i cant know that ebcause im not cleared. he just stated some acronyms and stuff. nothing major.

-v2.0

Navynurse2be

I wonder how thorough they are actually for secret clearance. I have an friend (more like someone i met through the process) who had previously been in the hospital. He was commited after a night of binge drinking and took some pills that someone told him was Advil. He said they kept him because he lived alone and for no other reason. To make a long story short, he said no for whatever question pertained to this. I assume none of his reference said anything about it. I guess if you don't tell, they don't know.
I personally would not want to live with the fear of it being found out, but am also troubled at the same time that things do go unnoticed.
My question (maybe just comment) is how thoroughly do they actually check things such as your background for medical problems? I know they can catch a person with a criminal history, but do they have safeguards in place to catch this sort of lie? Not that I wish bad on him at all...guess I am just concerned what does fly by.

TM

Jeremy

AG7412: Whatever bro. If someone finds out who I am from the internet and tries to extract intel information from me they would have a hard time. 1.) because what I know will undoubtly not help anyone 2.) I would have to have my arms ripped off, eyeballs poked out, and my intestines pulled and left hanging from my stomach before I would even consider giving anybody against my country information that could damage it! Even then, they would be lucky if that happened. I'm a goddamn Marine buddy. I guess you don't know what that means. If you think someone is actually gaining knowledge from what I posted, you are seriously naive.

Have a navy day :)~

ps my post is removed r u happy now?
boring_125.gif

version2point0

jeremy: i still dont know what you said that made this a big deal for him. maybe because i dont have national security clearence i didnt recognize what the big deal was. but really if someone doesnt make a big eal out of it, then it usually goes unnoticed. if you dont say "look here look here!!!" to something, then people dont notice it!

-v2.0

Jeremy

I deleted the reply and I think arguing on the internet is pointless. If he is really upset about what I say, I'll appease him so his panties don't get in a bunch. There was nothing wrong with anything I said. Any "foe" as he put it that is looking for information knows a LOT more than anything I have said. Some people are just uptight. Doesn't change what I said. Just be honest and forthecoming and things will be fine. Hope to see you at Primary or something.

Semper Fi,

-J

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Just a thought...

This is starting to sound a little paranoid. I can understand why, because the thought of the FBI, NSA, or anyone prodding into one's background is quite unnerving. Moreover, many of us have been taught that divulging any sort of classified information will result in the loss of one's fingernails, first-born, birthday, or similar. We are, however, in America. In large part due to the selflessness of those military folks who have gone before us, we do have freedom of speech. It's healthy for people to discuss concerns they might have, even though security clearances are notoriously considered "hush-hush" subjects. So, for those who are worried about background checks, consider these two things:

1) Everybody has skeletons in their closet (even people with Cosmic Nebulous Batman TS clearances or whatever). Some skeletons are more serious than others. While it may be an embarrasing thought that some investigator might find out about some stupid thing you (and everyone else) did as a teenager, keep in mind they've seen it all before. They'll not remember you from Adam once they're done with their job. If they don't ask, don't tell. If they do ask, don't lie.

2) Everybody whose been through the process of obtaining some high-level clearance knows that the process is mostly designed to scare you into revealing things about your character (kinda like how the DI's at OCS try to see what you are REALLY made of). I'd say that the process is about 20% concerned with your actual past, and about 80% concerned with your character. Again, keeping your mouth shut unless specifically asked is a good policy. Also, don't lie about anything they ask. Descretion is an important trait when entrusting a person with sensitive information and hardware. Use it when undergoing your background check.

Aside from that, don't be afraid to discuss your (very understandable)concerns. This is not by any means a threat to national security. We are all Americans, and we should be helping each other out. If all it takes is a good listen and a little reassurance, then let's do so and get on with the business of defending our country.
-A

Ummm...yeah

Navynurse2be

While the point of the topic was lost, I did not get any response to my previous comment. My personal opinion is that these topics tend to get misread by one who causes total disarray and those of us with true and valid questions are the only ones who miss out.

TM

Curmudgeon

Don't say "we're all Americans here"! On the internet, nobody knows who you are. Letting this thread drift into "how do I get something past a background investigation" would be a good way to our forum sponsors in deep ****.

And yes, some of those TLA agencies do scan the internet looking for this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.