• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

binoly

Besides what it says on my Bol page that I just have to wait for my pq letter, can any other fleet applicants speak as to what's next and how long things took?

AE2ENSIGN

Besides what it says on my Bol page that I just have to wait for my pq letter, can any other fleet applicants speak as to what's next and how long things took?

Hey,

I don't know how long it will actually take as far as final select goes. But, I do know that since we both submitted our medical documents as fleet applicants, the documents will be sent to the medical director so that they can generate a final select. Hope this helps, I just heard this today myself.

binoly

Hey,

I don't know how long it will actually take as far as final select goes. But, I do know that since we both submitted our medical documents as fleet applicants, the documents will be sent to the medical director so that they can generate a final select. Hope this helps, I just heard this today myself.
Thanks. I'll let you know when I hear something and hope you let me know as well.

National OPO

navyhaz

Congratulations to those selected this past SWO board. I am truly happy for you!!

I have a question I feel I already know the answer to, but will ask anyways. I know the application deadline for IDC is fast approaching. With that being said, is there a chance they might board early as well? Working off assumption here; with the summer board being canceled and all kits rolled I can only imagine that they too would have "enough" to hold a board.

Also, I read a few pages back that IDC selection is right around 20%. Do the SME's here believe there will be a similar outcome for the 15 September board?

binoly

Congratulations to those selected this past SWO board. I am truly happy for you!!

I have a question I feel I already know the answer to, but will ask anyways. I know the application deadline for IDC is fast approaching. With that being said, is there a chance they might board early as well? Working off assumption here; with the summer board being canceled and all kits rolled I can only imagine that they too would have "enough" to hold a board.

Also, I read a few pages back that IDC selection is right around 20%. Do the SME's here believe there will be a similar outcome for the 15 September board?
From what I've seen since I've been applying I have seen the IDC board stay true to schedule. The SWO board wasn't early since it's a rolling board. It happens every 90-120 days or when xx amount of applications are received at NRC.
I don't think we can speculate what the selection rate will be but it is much more competitive than other designators.

National OPO

All - no, I would not expect the IDC board to go earlier than its present scheduled date, which is 15Sep14, with applications due to Recruiting Command no later than 06Aug14, earlier if at all possible to allow the team here enough time to process the kits and get them ready for the board. I would once again expect this Sep14 IDC board to once again be competitive and result in a traditionally "low" selection rate of something around 20-25%, which is what the IDC selection rates have been over the last few years.

CAJ0520

Every time I get the notification that NOPO posted I log on and check what he said faster than a 13 year old girl checking her Facebook.

Side note, how are "unofficial dates" relayed to a recruiter? Is it just another status shown in CIRIMS? Or something else.