• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They find out the board convened when they get the results. A rolling board just means the community (in this case aviation) has a high quota so when they receive enough applications then they convene. The OR generally do not know the information. My OR didn't know I just got the information from the NOPO blog here.

+ 1. If it wasn't for NOPO and airwarriors the only way I'd know a Pilot/NFO board convened would be when the results are released.

James_1987

how about the status of packages? my kit was submitted early June and I haven't heard anything..... all i know is it is error free because they haven't sent it back for corrections. like to see other fellow USAF enlisted on here! cheers.

Yea packages I'm not too sure about. I had my package in March and the board was in May. My OR just told me I was good to go. The packet was ready to be reviewed. So I can't respond about those sorry brother.

James_1987

It seems the reorganization that went from OR's to OR/DIVO's and OPO to AOPS has led to less communication, kind of saw some of this starting to happen when I left.

Yea I don't think my OR had much information on the rolling boards. He was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process, as you stated I just don't think there was much communication.

CAJ0520

how about the status of packages? my kit was submitted early June and I haven't heard anything..... all i know is it is error free because they haven't sent it back for corrections. like to see other fellow USAF enlisted on here! cheers.
I texted my recruiter to ask that question and he called back and said that the status only changes to Yes or No, it showed Proboard for the past month meaning nothing was wrong and needed to be re-done, and is waiting for the board to convene. He will find out when the list of selects goes out, or statuses are manually changed to Yes or No. whichever happens first. Told me to call back mid next week, but as per National OPO I think I will wait until he says the results are out to recruiters or statuses are changed, to eliminate harassing my recruiter multiple times.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
....Told me to call back mid next week, but as per National OPO I think I will wait until he says the results are out to recruiters or statuses are changed, to eliminate harassing my recruiter multiple times.
Meh, with your package and stats, you don't have a big sweat for a "stick monkey" Pro-Y:)

BTW, your experience as a consultant at the "Institute for the Study of Violent Groups", should prove invaluable in surviving your first fleet Ready Room!:eek:
CVA-41 Ready Room-1.JPG CVA-41 Ready Room-2.JPG Light Attack 'Greenie Board'.JPG

Ph0tos of USS MIDWAY MUSEUM Light Attack Ready Room
BzB

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
.... As for my profile, I am currently stalking everyone else's to see what is pertinent for my own. Pretty soon I will reveal what I came up with :)
jaimej, in order for the experienced NAs/NFOs (ol' salts like me), and our AW resident recruiting 'Pros to offer quality advice/answer your questions... we go FIRST to your Profile - Personal Info: Most helpful are your goals - NA/NFO/SWO/SupO/Intel/CEC etc.; Educatioan: Univ./major & minor +overall GPA/ASTB-OAR scores/leadership experience/athletic participation (HS & College)/community service (volunteerism)/status of LORs/work experience/accomplishments, favorite sports & hobbies, etc.

We need to get to know you a bit as a person, to offer the best advice. Some who come here are leery on posting personal info on the internet, and rightly so, Don't want anything involving personal security (SSNs/phone or acct #s/usernames-passwords and such). The above applies to all new OCS applicants. As you progress through the application process to selection board, try to keep your Info section updated.:)

Good luck to all.:)
BzB

jaimej

We need to get to know you a bit, as a person to offer the best advice. Some who come here are leery on posting personal info on the internet, and rightly so, Don't want anything involving personal security (SSNs/phone or acct #s/usernames-passwords and such). The above applies to all new OCS applicants. As you progress through the application process to selection board, try to keep your Info section updated.:)

Good luck to all.:)
BzB

Thank you, Sir! I was told you would be coming after me for my lack of profile. I didn't know what was too much information. I will try again. Let me know what you think!

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me know what you think!
Okay, I didn't know your package had already been submitted. The advice in my post still applies to other applicants looking for help putting a package together. Good luck with your Supply Board.:)
BzB

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For Supply Corps, the appraisals from Senior Supply Corps officers and GPA help, but the academic major and ASTB/OAR score aren't. I do think you have a solid shot for selection.

jaimej

For Supply Corps, the appraisals from Senior Supply Corps officers and GPA help, but the academic major and ASTB/OAR score aren't. I do think you have a solid shot for selection.
Thank you, Sir! I hope so! ... I am really bad at math without a formula sheet and calculator, so I was scared to retake the OAR and get a lower score. My strong subjects have always been English and history, but I have hands on retail experience. I feel that is invaluable when compared to sitting in a class. I have accidentally ordered too many paper plates, and learned how to properly manage overstock... They didn't teach me that in classroom.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you, Sir! I hope so! ... I am really bad at math without a formula sheet and calculator, so I was scared to retake the OAR and get a lower score. My strong subjects have always been English and history, but I have hands on retail experience. I feel that is invaluable when compared to sitting in a class. I have accidentally ordered too many paper plates, and learned how to properly manage overstock... They didn't teach me that in classroom.

If Supply comes back as a N (they are very competitive) I would look at trying for SWO, that is if your goal is to be an officer in the USN, I have met many who wanted to do a specific job in the USN and if they could not do that specific job then they would not come in.

jaimej

If Supply comes back as a N (they are very competitive) I would look at trying for SWO, that is if your goal is to be an officer in the USN, I have met many who wanted to do a specific job in the USN and if they could not do that specific job then they would not come in.
Thank you, Sir. I am really on the fence about this one. My ultimate goal is to be an Officer. Also, I am one who intends to make this my career. I did not put any other job field on my application, because I may not be happy doing anything else. My degree is in Communications and I didn't even want to be a Public Affairs officer. I was 18 when I started college and worked full time at a warehouse market. I had no idea what I wanted to be when I "grew up," but I knew I should be in school. At the end of my sophomore year was when I figured out that I should probably stick to retail management, because I am really good at it and also it enjoy it. Supply is like retail to the 1000th degree because it's way bigger than myself..... So I am thinking that if it does come back N, I may go enlisted Supply, and prove that I am capable of being an Officer that way. My other option is to get a plan B career as a Merchandising Supervisor at large department store HQ and keep applying for Supply every year I am still eligible, as I am only 23 and very persistent. I would then of course keep trying to improve my package.