• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

All - Pilot board done, NFO kits to be reviewed this afternoon. Still predicting that results will be released to the Fleet and then NRDs NLT 12May. Additionally, and as predicted, we have started issuing FINSEL letters and filling the July-Sept OCS classes - for both Fleet and NRD shippers. If you were a previous Pilot, NFO, or SWO selects from a past board and had an availability date that supported shipping to OCS in the July-Sept timeframe, then you stand a good chance of shipping to one of the four classes that fall in that timeframe (20Jul, 10Aug, 31Aug, or 21Sep). We are issuing FINSELs as quickly as possible and are planning on filling all four of those classes to the max amount allowed, which is 100 shippers per each class. So remain in contact with your OR (if processed through an NRD) or remain engaged with your chain of command (if a Fleet applicant) as we push out these FINSEL letters with assigned OCS ship dates.

Similar question, what of Supply selectees?

National OPO

All - Yes, Supply and IDC selects as well. Although we have to be a little more careful as to the volume of IDC selects in those first four classes since we dont yet know what our FY15 IDC OCS shipping goals might be. So we have to be a little more careful as to just how many IDC selects (IP, IW, Intel, & SWO-Options) we load to start to ensure that we dont bust whatever our FY15 goals might be for these programs right out of the gate. Whereas traditional Pilot, NFO, and SWO shipping numbers are large enough that we can load MANY of these flavors into those first four classes without having to be as concerned about busting goals so quickly into the start of the new FY.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Does this mean that most of us IDC selects should expect to get dates that are after September? Or will spots for IDC folks be held in those July-Sept classes pending the FY15 goals? Do you have any idea when those goals will be known?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I need to tell my university ASAP whether I will be back and teaching in the Fall...

exNavyOffRec

All - Yes, Supply and IDC selects as well. Although we have to be a little more careful as to the volume of IDC selects in those first four classes since we dont yet know what our FY15 IDC OCS shipping goals might be. So we have to be a little more careful as to just how many IDC selects (IP, IW, Intel, & SWO-Options) we load to start to ensure that we dont bust whatever our FY15 goals might be for these programs right out of the gate. Whereas traditional Pilot, NFO, and SWO shipping numbers are large enough that we can load MANY of these flavors into those first four classes without having to be as concerned about busting goals so quickly into the start of the new FY.

It sounds as if NRC is working on getting shipping goals figured out earlier rather than later, when I was an OR I never saw the shipping goals figured out earlier than December I believe.

National OPO

All - Pilot and NFO board results from this past week's board are being pushed to NPC for release to the fleet today so that Commanding Officers, XOs, and CMCs will be notified of the results for their Sailors. BOL accounts for COs, XOs, and CMCs should be populated with the selected and non-selected status' by close of business today for all Fleet Sailors. The results will be pushed to the NRDs by close of business tomorrow, Friday. So recruiters should begin getting the results to notify NRD applicants by close of business tomorrow and throughout Monday. Good luck to those that applied. The select rate for Pilot at this board was 78% and the selection rate for NFO was 74%.

National OPO

Does this mean that most of us IDC selects should expect to get dates that are after September? Or will spots for IDC folks be held in those July-Sept classes pending the FY15 goals? Do you have any idea when those goals will be known?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I need to tell my university ASAP whether I will be back and teaching in the Fall...

Yes, IDC and Supply selects will be slated to ship in that same timeframe - July-Sept - just not to the same volume as Pilots, NFOs, and SWOs since 1) our IDC goals are traditionally smaller than these other programs, and 2) we will have to be more conscious about what our possible FY15 shipping goals might be within the IDC designators to ensure that we dont ship too large of an initial group within the first 3-4 months of the OCS shipping year and perhaps place ourselves into a situation where we may end up shipping more IDC applicants that what the Navy might need in FY15. I hope this makes sense.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Yes, IDC and Supply selects will be slated to ship in that same timeframe - July-Sept - just not to the same volume as Pilots, NFOs, and SWOs since 1) our IDC goals are traditionally smaller than these other programs, and 2) we will have to be more conscious about what our possible FY15 shipping goals might be within the IDC designators to ensure that we dont ship too large of an initial group within the first 3-4 months of the OCS shipping year and perhaps place ourselves into a situation where we may end up shipping more IDC applicants that what the Navy might need in FY15. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks again for responding so promptly and keeping us all informed. Your participation on this board has really been quite valuable and I know I speak for all of us when I say it is greatly appreciated.

The part about not wanting to have more IDC folks than needed definitely makes sense. Here's another question about the process: Is it the case that selections were made during the most recent IDC boards based on estimates of FY15 needs, and now OCS class dates will be assigned based on the actual needs (once they are known)?

I guess my real question is one that you can't answer yet, which is "when will I get my letter?" :)

National OPO

All - the current AC IDC board is still going on. We are hoping to get their results to us by next Monday/Tuesday which would allow NRC to then release the results by 14May to the fleet and NRDs. Boards are asked to NOT select based on accession quotas (actual or estimated), but instead select the "best qualified" applicants as they see them. Ideally, we would hope that a community would select ALL applicants that "would make an excellent officer in our community" and allow NRC to worry about managing our accession quotas. That said, we do have to take into account anticipated FY15 accession goals and try to remain under those estimates until we get something more concrete from the Navy leadership in DC, which we wont probably get until closer to 01Oct if not later. So for the summer OCS classes, we fill based on estimates and "here is what we think will be your goals" as provided by Navy leadership in DC.

National OPO

All - the recent Pilot and NFO results have been pushed to the NRDs. Your recruiter should have it soon if they dont already have the results.

brogdawg32

So, no one's broken the seal for sna/nfo, and all the NRDs are claiming they haven't received results yet. Is this normal to take this long?

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
All - the current AC IDC board is still going on. We are hoping to get their results to us by next Monday/Tuesday which would allow NRC to then release the results by 14May to the fleet and NRDs. Boards are asked to NOT select based on accession quotas (actual or estimated), but instead select the "best qualified" applicants as they see them. Ideally, we would hope that a community would select ALL applicants that "would make an excellent officer in our community" and allow NRC to worry about managing our accession quotas. That said, we do have to take into account anticipated FY15 accession goals and try to remain under those estimates until we get something more concrete from the Navy leadership in DC, which we wont probably get until closer to 01Oct if not later. So for the summer OCS classes, we fill based on estimates and "here is what we think will be your goals" as provided by Navy leadership in DC.

If NRD's do receive the results for the IDC board by the 14May, does that mean that civilian applicants should be notified of their ProRec Y or N by next friday at the latest?

brogdawg32

NOPO said soon if not yet already. So more than likely your recruiter falls in the "soon" category for notifying you.
If it was just me that hadn't heard anything, I would just say it's my NRD nothing I can do about it. I was more curious that not a single civilian candidate on this site heard on Friday, making me wonder a little bit more about the actual process of results getting passed down. Not much of a big deal anymore, we should all hopefully hear on Monday/early next week.