• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

National OPO

Yes, but not posted to the general public. Each NRD has been provided the FY15 OCS class schedule and your recruiter should therefore be able to provide that schedule.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Yes, but not posted to the general public. Each NRD has been provided the FY15 OCS class schedule and your recruiter should therefore be able to provide that schedule.
Could we just count out every third week from July 20 - September 21 or is it not that simple?

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!

Thank you, I will reach out to him regarding it. Really do appreciate the clear and direct information you are providing for us in limbo land, your presence here has been a welcome voice of reason.

National OPO

Or like mentioned, you can count out every three weeks from 29Jun14 since OCS classes essentially start every three weeks - almost like clockwork. There could be minor adjustments around the holidays (Christmas and New Years), but the rest of time its every three weeks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For class dates, if you want to attend class OCS in November put 1 Nov 14 on the APSR. If you want to attend OCS after the holidays put down 1 Jan 15. No need to estimate future OCS class dates. Simply put the first date of the month you want to attend.

I was Pro Y Supply from the January 14 Supply Board. I put 01 June 2014 as my available date (to make sure I had time to graduate law school). If there's a gut feeling either of you (RUFiO181 or National OPO) have regarding when I would attend OCS, it would be appreciated. I don't want to give the impression that I'm impatient, as I know there are plenty of Pro Y Supply Selectees in the pipeline behind me. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, of course, even if it bleeds into 1 year from now, etc.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I was Pro Y Supply from the January 14 Supply Board. I put 01 June 2014 as my available date (to make sure I had time to graduate law school). If there's a gut feeling either of you (RUFiO181 or National OPO) have regarding when I would attend OCS, it would be appreciated. I don't want to give the impression that I'm impatient, as I know there are plenty of Pro Y Supply Selectees in the pipeline behind me. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, of course, even if it bleeds into 1 year from now, etc.

Right now NRC is organizing July-August OCS classes so you might be in the mix around that timeframe. Either or, you should be receiving a FINSEL letter shortly. I'd suggest following up with your recruiter to see what's holding you up.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I second the thanks, @National OPO - your info is much appreciated.

Sounds like we're basically looking at the following OCS class start dates then:

29JUN2014
20JUL2014
10AUG2014
31AUG2014
21SEP2014

IDC programs take a while to process because of the TS-SCI clearance. I remember a kid who was PROREC'd yes for IW in September and didn't receive a FINSEL letter until next Spring. He didn't go to OCS until the summer.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
IDC programs take a while to process because of the TS-SCI clearance. I remember a kid who was PROREC'd yes for IW in September and didn't receive a FINSEL letter until next Spring. He didn't go to OCS until the summer.

Any idea if already having a TS/SCI (albeit from another government agency) helps speed along this process? Seems like it would make things easier in terms of my background investigation being a little quicker than the normal ones...

FutureSuppo

Right now NRC is organizing July-August OCS classes so you might be in the mix around that timeframe. Either or, you should be receiving a FINSEL letter shortly. I'd suggest following up with your recruiter to see what's holding you up.

Is that July-August timeframe specific to Supply candidates? Or to just the individual you were responding to? Do they plan on releasing all of the Supply candidates FINSELs? I was just curious if this would apply to myself as well. I was Pro-rec Y from the August/September board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Is that July-August timeframe specific to Supply candidates? Or to just the individual you were responding to? Do they plan on releasing all of the Supply candidates FINSELs? I was just curious if this would apply to myself as well. I was Pro-rec Y from the August/September board.

July-August timeframe is for all officer programs. If I was a betting man I'd say you're likely somewhere in the mix there, especially for being PROREC'd for so long.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Any idea if already having a TS/SCI (albeit from another government agency) helps speed along this process? Seems like it would make things easier in terms of my background investigation being a little quicker than the normal ones...

Possibly. Your processor can check your clearance status online to see the clearance is applicable. I'd suggest contacting your recruiter to see if your current clearance suffices.