• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NASP Land Survival just got less awesome?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our little ode to the great Paul Levins. To bad I never got around to framing it and posting it in the API ready room... maybe if I ever make my way through NASP again. Hopefully it's a different guy. API just wouldn't be the same!

I know 2 of the dudes in that Photo. One is our very own magnetfreezer (Winged AF NAV) and the other is now a Prowler FO.

-ea6bflyr ;)

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I know a shit load of dudes in that class. One was my roomate in Corpus. I went through Vance with another (AF type. Got C-17's to Hickam.) Several were in my primary squadron and I went to college with another one. He's gonna be flying Sierras out of Guam.

Small world...

Kumbaya... Where's my beer?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah I know a couple in there from Meridian and a couple who are in Krock. Anyone wanna venture a guess as to which ones are winged, and which ones are still in Fams? :p

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Small world that keeps getting smaller. Two of the flight docs in this pic are at Cherry Point with me. And speaking of magnetfreezer... I think I know excatly who you are talking about. I never made the connection until now. Hopefully I get to run into more of them later. I love the aviation community!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Who is Paul Levins?

The guy who taught API land survival.....the part where they take you out into the plant room and teach you to build a fire with sticks, and how to snare small woodland creatures. Possibly after your time, not sure

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Everybody knows the quote,

"You can safely eat whatever the monkey eats. Then you can eat the monkey."

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Yeah, I don't remember him. I did API in July 2000, he could have been there but I don't remember a whole lot of API.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Mr. Levins on why he didn't find it necessary to carry a water bottle as a child:

"If there was a bird bath in your yard, Paul Levins' face was in it"

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Calling all APIers....

I need a little photo recon from anyone in or around the P'cola area.

Attachments

• Paul Levins.jpg
    Paul Levins.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 189

SiafuSig05

Paul Levins sighting at Wal Mart

My friend and I walked into the walmart in lovely Milton, FL and spotted the man, the myth, the legend with his two young children. He was just finishing up some fresh and delicious subway sandwiches. I walked up to him while my friend stood back with his camera phone. After chatting for a few minutes, I got the impression he would not be down for a photo, so I aborted the Halmark opportunity. I regretted it instantly. And oh yes... he was wearing a camping back pack, most likely filled with murdering and trapping equipment.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
My friend and I walked into the walmart in lovely Milton, FL and spotted the man, the myth, the legend with his two young children. He was just finishing up some fresh and delicious subway sandwiches. I walked up to him while my friend stood back with his camera phone. After chatting for a few minutes, I got the impression he would not be down for a photo, so I aborted the Halmark opportunity. I regretted it instantly. And oh yes... he was wearing a camping back pack, most likely filled with murdering and trapping equipment.

That's because he wasn't in his element at Walmart. All this 'civilization' probably makes him cranky. Need to get him in his natural habitat, preferably while rigging a snare, or eating a monkey. I'm sure he's probably use to the 'National Geographic' style approach to photography, just make sure you are hiding in a bush and have some British commentator nearby.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
So who would win in a fight? Paul Levins or Ditka?

ditka-super-fan-farley.jpg

amrarms

I was doing a search for an old army buddy named Paul R. Levins and I saw this and signed up. You have to be talkin' about ole' Panama Paul. This guy was about 6 foot maybe a little taller, black hair, mustache, smoked, and was born a little late for his train of thought.